Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would you do?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:26 PM
  • 6 Replies
Today my husband told me that if I end up not flying back to California to attempt to get my driver's license reinstated, the military will most likely arrange for me to get social security benefits. He knows other people who are in similar situations, and they all receive disability social security checks. I really want my license back, but there's a big chance any attempt will be denied.

So would you fly 3000 miles and jump through hoops praying the DMV will reinstate your DL, or would you just collect the social security?

*no bashing....its just a question*

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
art.diva
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:31 PM

BUMP!

his_babydoll
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:33 PM

i would try to get my license back. if you don't mind me asking but why don't you have your license

gmgirl
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:35 PM
It depends on why they took my license.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
art.diva
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:39 PM
Quoting his_babydoll:

i would try to get my license back. if you don't mind me asking but why don't you have your license

I have epilepsy and the DMV permanently suspended my license. They said the only way to get it back is to fly back (which I can't afford) get a whole bunch of paperwork filled out, and then wait to see if they will allow me to take a driving test and get my license back. But its still not 100% under control, and now my doctor thinks I might have a serious heart condition. I have to see a cardiologist soon. Sooooo, the chances of me driving again doesn't look good.

.kk.
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:40 PM

I'm confused. They will only give you SSI if you get your DL back? Sorry, I"m tired.

art.diva
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:43 PM
Quoting .kk.:

I'm confused. They will only give you SSI if you get your DL back? Sorry, I"m tired.

no, the will give me SSI if I can't drive...due to my medical condition. But only if our efmp coordinator considers it necessary

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)