Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you use???

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:26 PM
  • 20 Replies

Ok so I have been having horrible break out on my face along my jaw line/chin area. I have been using Clearasil (sp?) face wash in the morning and at night before bed.

I don't want to go out and spent a lot of money on stuff if I don't have to. What do you guys use...does it work??

Put ♥ this ♥ on ♥ your ♥ status ♥ if ♥ you ♥ know ♥ someone ♥ who ♥ has ♥ or ♥ had ♥ cancer! ♥ All I wish for in 2010 is a CURE! ♥ Dear God, I pray for the cure of cancer. Amen.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
art.diva
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:30 PM
I use differin cream. Its OK, but I know it takes a long time to work. I used to use proactiv, but it caused my face to swell up

PradaBaby
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Ivory Soap

.stella.
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:31 PM
dove soap..I used to get breakouts in thjhe same area and tried noxema, clearasil, neutrogena..nothing worked except reg. dove soap and plain water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silla710
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:32 PM

I just don't see the point in spending like 20 bucks every month or so for proactiv when theres gotta be something that works better for cheaper!! lol

Quoting art.diva:

I use differin cream. Its OK, but I know it takes a long time to work. I used to use proactiv, but it caused my face to swell up

Put ♥ this ♥ on ♥ your ♥ status ♥ if ♥ you ♥ know ♥ someone ♥ who ♥ has ♥ or ♥ had ♥ cancer! ♥ All I wish for in 2010 is a CURE! ♥ Dear God, I pray for the cure of cancer. Amen.

.kk.
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Don't wash your face twice a day unless it's dirty. I only wash mine at night, to wash the make up off. Too much washing will dry the skin out, causing it to overproduce oil and will result in more pimples and the zits you already have will get irritated.

As far as what to use on zits themselves, I use proactive, but I no longer use it as directed. I only use the repairing cream when I have a breakout and I don't use the face wash at all. The mask is good, too.

nemiller
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:33 PM

i use st.ives apricot scrub and st.ives olive cleanser.  i really like their products, because it's the only brand that has worked without drying out my face (and i've tried quite a few different brands).  a big plus for me is i can get it at the commissary and it's inexpensive.  as far as spot treatment, i use a clean & clear anti-acne cream.

Chelsea2101
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:34 PM

I read something that said the chemical in the face washes that make it foam are really harsh on the skin and to stay clear from them. I use Purpose face wash. I have sensitive skin and I dont seem to break out. BUT it can be a bit pricey

silla710
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:35 PM

My face is so oily I hate it. If I wash it at night it will be oily in the morning. And by the end of the night its oily again. Somethings gotta give lol

Quoting .kk.:

Don't wash your face twice a day unless it's dirty. I only wash mine at night, to wash the make up off. Too much washing will dry the skin out, causing it to overproduce oil and will result in more pimples and the zits you already have will get irritated.

As far as what to use on zits themselves, I use proactive, but I no longer use it as directed. I only use the repairing cream when I have a breakout and I don't use the face wash at all. The mask is good, too.

silla710
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Maybe I will try that since I have access to the commissary as well ;)

Quoting nemiller:

i use st.ives apricot scrub and st.ives olive cleanser.  i really like their products, because it's the only brand that has worked without drying out my face (and i've tried quite a few different brands).  a big plus for me is i can get it at the commissary and it's inexpensive.  as far as spot treatment, i use a clean & clear anti-acne cream.

Chelsea2101
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:37 PM

most of my friend used proactive and they said that when they stopped using it and went back to normal face wash their skin broke out worse than it was originally!

Quoting silla710:

I just don't see the point in spending like 20 bucks every month or so for proactiv when theres gotta be something that works better for cheaper!! lol

Quoting art.diva:

apronbaseballbaby girlin love

Stay at home Mom to Tyler and Amelia! Loving wife to Justin!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)