• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i'm going to kill my MOM!!!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:30 PM
  • 40 Replies

so today we went to the pharmacy to pick up ds meds he sick again. anyways we decided (me and my mom) to take the kids to the local pet store here in town which is only like a block from the pharmacy. dd will be 3 in nov. and she LOVES LOVES LOVES birds. and they had alot of different kinds.and she goes i want one i want one. so my mom says well i will get you one for your b-day in nov. which one do you want? she said the blue one.

and after we leave i ask her are you really getting dd a bird for her b-day she said yes there only $20 a piece. so i ask and where do you think this bird is going to live? she says the living room. thats where i sleep. and birds are loud and very annoying. so i told no i think we should put the bird in your room lol. and she said nope wont happen i NEED my sleep. and i don't??? than she says well she will probably forget by time nov rolls around.

so not only are you going to tell a almost 3 yr old that LOVES birds you will get her one without first asking me. but your also only going to get it if she remembers?????

she was telling everyone at the store nana is getting me a bird for my b-day the blue one. yea i don't think shes going to "  forget"  she remembers ds popping a balloon 3 months ago

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PradaBaby
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:32 PM

Birds really aren't that loud. You cover their cage at night and they quiet down.

kcook55
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Quoting PradaBaby:

Birds really aren't that loud. You cover their cage at night and they quiet down.

we had one when i was a kid so yes i know there loud. the damn thing used to get out his cage when my brother where being mean to it and fly in my room to hide and the damn thing was annoying.

nemiller
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:36 PM

i've never owned birds, but we "babysat" a grey african parrot for a few weeks.  it was pretty quiet once we covered its cage at night.  and that thing had a mouth on it during the day, so that's saying something, lol.

RLSMOM59
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Guess you're getting a bird. Enjoy :-)

kitty8199
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:38 PM

I'd tell your mom since she said she was getting it, it's going in her room, or the first time it wakes you up you are letting it out of the cage outside.

CountryGirl0809
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:39 PM

my  sister and mom have a bird and its not loud until you uncover the cage in the morning.   sounds like you just don't want the bird and instead of saying no to your mom  you're gonna complain about it.   if you don't want it then  say no.  very simple

MommyHurt
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:40 PM

so you live with your mom, and your mom wants to get your daughter what she wants, and you are complaining?

pinkebabii

They aren't loud at night.

kcook55
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:40 PM

Quoting RLSMOM59:

Guess you're getting a bird. Enjoy :-)

yep but it don't mean i have to like it lol. I'm not going to let my mom promise my dd something than not do it.

CountryGirl0809

Quoting kcook55:

Quoting PradaBaby:

we had one when i was a kid so yes i know there loud. the damn thing used to get out his cage when my brother where being mean to it and fly in my room to hide and the damn thing was annoying.

you get their wings clipped then they can't fly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)