Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need advice with my son.....

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:38 PM
  • 11 Replies

Geez...I haven't been on here in forev!  Anywho..I came on here looking for some advice.

My son will be five in December.  I started potty training him at 2 1/2 and he got the "potty" part down but the pooping was terrible.  It wasn't until 3 1/2 that he FINALLY started pooping and quit constipating himself.  The only problem is that from that time on, anytime we would go somewhere he would start to go in his pants...he would hold it in but there are always streaks on his undies.  He is almost five and still does it...but only if we are not at home.   I don't know what to do, or how to get him to quit.   I was told not to punish him...but if I can't punish him, then how will he stop.  Please...I am open to any suggestions!  I don't want him pooping his pants in kindergarten.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yayay15
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:40 PM

BUMP!

yayay15
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:43 PM

BUMP!

kitty8199
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:44 PM

I don't know but here's a bump

Jellyfish_fishJ

BUMP!

pinkebabii

Was he getting streaks from starting to go or because he doesn't wipe well enough?? I don't think you'd get streaks from pooping your pants.

Braydens_Mama06
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Is there a chance that he isn't going in his pants but instead, that he's not cleaning up afterward properly?  If that might be the case, I would get him some flush-able wipes or something to help him in that department.  If he is actually going, you could try and reward him every time you go out and he can keep his underwear clean.  Or have him go before you leave.  I really wouldn't stress out about it though.  The average age for little boys to be completely potty-trained (no accidents, no wetting the bed at night, etc) is 3-5 so your child falls right in the middle of normal.  He'll eventually get better at it on his own and one day, you'll realize that you haven't had that problem in awhile. 

yayay15
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:46 PM

No.  It's from starting to go.  He starts to go and then holds it in and then he gets constipated.  It has happened since we started potty training.  I should say..it's not just small streaks.  Sometimes it's a small spec of poop..but it's not a full poop.  I know it's gross. Sorry.  

Quoting pinkebabii:

Was he getting streaks from starting to go or because he doesn't wipe well enough?? I don't think you'd get streaks from pooping your pants.

stevensmommy007
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:58 PM

BUMP!

FL2AK
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:02 AM

He will eventually stop it.  The first time a kid smells poop on him in school, he will stop.  How about having him wash his own underwear?  Let him see what a chore it is to wash and dry them, maybe he will stop.  Kids get busy and do not want to stop what they are doing sometimes. 

ColieO
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:09 AM
Not true. My brother is ten and still poops himself. School, store, home. He was also holding it to the point he was so constipated that the poop was backed up to his chest. Which caused him to not feel urges to go. Its partially laziness, partially not realizing it.

Quoting FL2AK:

He will eventually stop it.  The first time a kid smells poop on him in school, he will stop.  How about having him wash his own underwear?  Let him see what a chore it is to wash and dry them, maybe he will stop.  Kids get busy and do not want to stop what they are doing sometimes. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)