Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PTLS (Tubal post s/o)

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:39 PM
  • 11 Replies

Im wondering how many of you ladies might suffer from PTLS (Post tubal ligation syndrome), i had my tubes tied a year ago and i have nearly all of the symptoms i have found online. I have spoken with a few people and they feel that this isnt a real medical problem that it is all made up?I had my tubes tied after my youngest was born, it was basically because of health problems. I know i could have had one more child, and i really regret it. Does anyone have any insight or advice?Thanks so much!!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

*Because only a VAMPIRE can love you forever....*

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kristin2008
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:40 PM

BUMP!

sarasloveable
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:43 PM
Never heard of it heres a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OneandonlyME
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:47 PM

I've only had it done for a month now and I've had one cycle since then. I noticed a shorter period but with hellacious cramps on the very first day. Overall not too bad. I have no complaints. I'm sorry you weren't so lucky. I did read up on PTLS before having it done and was worried that I would suffer. I did it anyway. I guess I was lucky. Who knows if later down the line I might experience some of those symptoms.

fairymom2316
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 9:55 AM

BUMP!

tubesreversed
by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome seems to take it's toll on more women then we thought. There are so many women that have issues after a ligation and can't seem to get those in the medical field to listen. Many women have has tubal reversal surgery to ease the symptoms.

Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center has been reversing tubal ligations for quite some time now for women seeking relief. The patients are reporting that the symptoms subside almost immediately.

I hope this helps some and I will see if I can put a link in also to what others have been experiencing.

http://www.tubal-reversal.net/blog/2010/tubal-ligation-reversal/personal-stories-abou-tubal-reversal.html

Rhonda142
by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Never heard of that before.

1busymomma03
by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 10:33 PM

This is very interesting.. I have never heard of that before..but I've had lots of those symptoms over the years. I had my tubes tied after having my youngest DD..almost 4 years ago.

ETA: I don't know that my symptoms are related though..because I've had some of them since before I had my tubal ligation. Some of the symptoms have gotten worse though, so IDK.

JAJA_Steele
by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Well this caught my attention going to read up to see if its my problem

shannonw79
by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 11:04 PM

I have never heard of this before! I had my tubal almost 4 years ago. I googled PTLS and found a symptom list. I suffer from probably half of the symptoms. I have been to Dr. after Dr. and none of them can tell me what is going on with me. I'm gonna print this out and take it with me next month...

AustinsMommy306
by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Was totally thinking the same thing. Of all the crap i've researched for no reason this is something i've never heard of

Quoting JAJA_Steele:

Well this caught my attention going to read up to see if its my problem

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)