• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Male Room Mate

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:54 PM
  • 12 Replies

I am so sick of my male room mate. he eats so much damn food. tonight we had spaghetti and he had the biggest portion he could fit on his plate. didn't finish it at the table, he brought it to his room, there was still some left over i just went to the fridge and it was gone and there was a dirty pot in the sink that had mac and cheese in it. how can he eat that much food in one sitting.
last night we went to Steak n shake at like 1 am he had a burger, fries, hot dog, and then when we got back he had the left over beef stew from dinner earlier.  when he eats something that requires a bowl, he uses the biggest bowl in the house (a large ceramic mixing bowl.) or those big metal mixing bowls. 
He never cleans his dishes He leaves them in the sink or empty in the extra fridge by his room in the garage for days. When i used to work at a 8-5 job i took food to work. he would take the microwavable food that i bought for lunches. this shit pisses me off  I dont want to bring food in my room i shouldn't have to do that. if I do i forget about it or it goes bad. he would drink my juice that i bought and put in the outside fridge cuz my mom doesn't want to much stuff in the inside fridge. i dont want to have to go to the store every other day to buy stuff. and if i ask him to stop he says im bitching to much and my parents mention something to him and he still does it and then bitches that they ask for to much

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Darkangelpunk
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:08 AM

BUMP!

stressedmomma13
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:09 AM

kick him out...? idk what else you are looking for...

PradaBaby
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:10 AM

And he still lives there why? We had roommates twice. I can not do it. Can't.  Dh asked his friend to move out after I threatened him with ummm loss of bedroom privileges after his friend came home at 3am drunk with more people to play beer pong. I have to have my own space.

Elijahsmommy508
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Why does your mom have a say over what's in the fridge?

Set up ground rules.  Each of you buy your own food or something.

ColieO
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:13 AM
Either kick him out or say something about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarasloveable
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Quoting ColieO:

Either kick him out or say something about it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Darkangelpunk
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:18 AM

Quoting PradaBaby:

And he still lives there why? We had roommates twice. I can not do it. Can't.  Dh asked his friend to move out after I threatened him with ummm loss of bedroom privileges after his friend came home at 3am drunk with more people to play beer pong. I have to have my own space.

Its not my house its my parents. and its like they rely on him for money help. he claims he pays like 500 bucks a month and he is always broke. but when i tell my parents that he is bitching to me and our other room mate (his best friend, my BF) that he has no money. they said he hasnt paid that much and he hasn't paid anything in a while.  its so stupid he lies so much to make himself look better.

oh and the kicker is He is my best friends ex boyfriend and she lives 1000 miles away. and he is my BF's best friend so i dont want to complain to much im afaid he will get mad at me. it is such a messed up situation all around.

ColieO
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:21 AM
I lived with a BFs best friend. I still kicked him out. But it sounds like your parents are enabling him just as much.

My BF and I still stayed together even after I kicked his friend out. He understood why.

Quoting Darkangelpunk:

Quoting PradaBaby:

Its not my house its my parents. and its like they rely on him for money help. he claims he pays like 500 bucks a month and he is always broke. but when i tell my parents that he is bitching to me and our other room mate (his best friend, my BF) that he has no money. they said he hasnt paid that much and he hasn't paid anything in a while.  its so stupid he lies so much to make himself look better.

oh and the kicker is He is my best friends ex boyfriend and she lives 1000 miles away. and he is my BF's best friend so i dont want to complain to much im afaid he will get mad at me. it is such a messed up situation all around.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nemiller
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:24 AM

tell him to find a new place and move out no later than november 1st.  that's more than enough time.

Darkangelpunk
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Quoting nemiller:

tell him to find a new place and move out no later than november 1st.  that's more than enough time.

Its my parents house. besides everyday he says he is trying to move out keeps saying he found this nice place real affordable. describes it makes it seem great but then never does anything about moving out.

he has a good job he is a security gaurd makes 12 bucks an hour and works as much as possible. he is hardly home, but when he is its so annoying

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)