Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas shopping...?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:56 PM
  • 8 Replies

My DH says I am nuts for starting my Christmas shopping. I KNOW I am not the only one who starts early....right? LoL when do you start? I like to budget money and hate spending a large amount all at once, so I figure starting now will work out perfectly, DH wants to give DD all the toys now!!! How do I stop him haha?!?! He's like give her the toys, it's too early to shop for Christmas, just give 'em to her!!!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ColinsMommy99
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:02 AM

Too early?  Hah!  I started shopping months ago.  LOL  I search clearance and sales starting early summer usually.  I like to buy a little at time, so it doesn't come off as such a big bill.  Also, when it starts getting crazy around here during the holidays (shopping here is insane come the holidays...I don't like to leave the house..LOL), I only have the little things left to get. :)   I usually hide the toys before DH sees them, so he doesn't try to give them to DS.  He's pretty good about that though...he knows if he gives them now, I'll just buy more.  LOL

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:05 AM

I wish I could start right now! My husband gets a profit sharing check mid-November and if there's anything left after paying off debts I get to use it for Christmas. :-) But I can't get anything before that. He's joining the Air Force though which will actually end up being a pay raise for us so when that happens I'm going to try to buy Christmas and birthday presents a little at a time throughout the year. :-) So I don't think you're crazy at all!

CallieLynsMommy
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:06 AM

I started about a month ago. I look for great deals ahead of time! I'm almost done with DD, finished shopping for the child on CM we adopted for Christmas, got some things for my mom, my cousin, and my little sister. We're on a tight budget this year, so I'm only buying stuff when I see a great deal.

Today I got some Tinkerbell stuff for my DD and the CM adopted girl, it was 25% off at the Disney store PLUS my 20% off Cast Member discount. 3 dolls for 14 bucks!

I also found a stroller for DD's baby dolls at Target. It was originally 25 dollars, but because someone had opened it out of the packaging, it was marked down to 10 dollars! There was nothing wrong with it, it was just out of the box. Great bargain! I'm so glad I found it.

stevensmommy007
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:09 AM

i started about a month ago i get all the big things first then i get the little things as the holiday gets closer

Newtons06
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:11 AM
I started a few months ago, clearance shopping, Craig's list for the bigger stuff, and even ebay. I try to get done with our nieces and nephews first then buy ds's. Then if theres time and money left, dh and I buy for each other
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strongerthanB4
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:16 AM
we just ordered 3 nintendo ds for our kids. My oldest got a new flat screen and surround sound and an entertainment center for her room. You are not nuts at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IleanRight
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:17 AM

I started the first week in september

carter210
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:19 AM

lol. While I like shopping early to space out the money I have to admit that I LOVE going to the malls during Christmas time and seeing it all pretty and everyone shopping. haha It's awesome!! I love Christmas shopping!! :) But I have the same problem as you. My mom loves to get my son his gifts early and it drives me crazy!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)