Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Clean House Vs. Hoarders???

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 3:37 PM
  • 20 Replies

I am watching Clean house on Style channel right now.
The people living like this are the same as hoarders right? They hoard things, but in the show, they let them go.
On the Hoarders show on A&E the people have a much harder time and have full blown anxiety attacks.

Why the difference? Is it all about the way they are approached? Editing done by the TV channels?

by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oboe_chik
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 3:43 PM
Hoarding is a mental disease. It goes beyond just having too much stuff or not clean up after themselves. It becomes a complusion to hoard. People will never truly understand it until they have lived with someone that hordes. My mother hordes. Always has and probably always will.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wickedfiress
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 3:45 PM

The people on Clean House are just LAZY.

I love that show!

snugglesaurus

I just assumed the people from Clean House are lazy slobs (I've only seen one or two episodes and that seems to be the case) and the people from Hoarders have actual issues that need to be addressed.

Bella_Angel

Ok kinda off topic.. but I think alot of those people on Hoarders are just lazy dirty people trying to pass off as hoarding so that someone will come clean their damn house for em.  There are hoarders that actually keep things because every little thing is significant to them but they're not dirty and disgusting.. I think the line between just plain nasty and hoarding is getting blurred.

Mandymb
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 3:46 PM
People on clean house are just messy not really horders.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wickedfiress
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Quoting Bella_Angel:

Ok kinda off topic.. but I think alot of those people on Hoarders are just lazy dirty people trying to pass off as hoarding so that someone will come clean their damn house for em.  There are hoarders that actually keep things because every little thing is significant to them but they're not dirty and disgusting.. I think the line between just plain nasty and hoarding is getting blurred.

On Clean House, yes, but not on Hoarders. Hoarders doesn't clean the house for them, they make them do it themselves.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

rabbitbunny50
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 3:50 PM

I have seen Clean House for some time now and I will miss Niecy when she leaves. Now, I have seen several shows where the cast has reccomended that one or another of the family get professional help. I also watch Hoarders. I do see a differene, that most REALLY bad situations, usually with animals AND mess, there is a need for professional counseling. Anyone ever watch How Clean is your House on BBC? Some of those in England where that show is filmed are really bad!

zianneaaliyah
by HBIC of ME on Sep. 29, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Clean House is a show where people contact them asking for help, where as Hoarders are people who are forced to get help.  But they are the same thing as far as people holding on to a bunch of stuff. 

zianneaaliyah
by HBIC of ME on Sep. 29, 2010 at 3:55 PM

You do know that some people like to hoard garbage? 

Quoting Bella_Angel:

"You may call it being a smart ass, I call it explaining why you're an idiot" 

Bella_Angel
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Quoting wickedfiress:

Quoting Bella_Angel:

On Clean House, yes, but not on Hoarders. Hoarders doesn't clean the house for them, they make them do it themselves.

I've never seen clean house.. but i really think these people who "hoard" trash have a bigger issue than "hoarding".. but if you look carefully most of them don't have an issue throwing out the disgusting trash.. i don't know.. ya on hoarders they make them go thru it and decide what goes and what stays, but i think most of the people on hoarders are just dirty and too lazy to do it themselves without anyone to make em.. It's just my opinion, don't crucify me for it please :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)