Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How much weight does a toddler gain each month? S/O

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2010 at 8:15 PM
  • 10 Replies

To go with the how much does a toddler grow post, how much weight does a toddler typically gain each month? I'm wondering because I want to get a rough estimate about what age my son will be at different weights.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 1, 2010 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bannannagirl
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2010 at 8:29 PM

BUMP!

othermom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2010 at 8:44 PM

It depends. I don't think they really gain much each month, just kind of adds up over time.

mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2010 at 8:51 PM

If we went by my dd- it would be close to none!

At her 18 month appt she was 18.2 lbs and at her 2 yr appt she was 19.6 lbs. Yeah....she's TINY! Karli is 25 months old and still 19.6 lbs and 33" tall.

Needless to say, they've sent her for bloodwork and everything came back fine..she eats ALL THE TIME and runs from sun up to sun down.

Claire

series40
by on Oct. 1, 2010 at 8:58 PM

my tiny tot is little itty too. She weighs 27 lbs and she is 36.5  in height. She is 3 yrd old. However she does fit in size 4 ( I don't see how).  When she was born she was tiny full term baby 6 lbs even and wore preemie clothes for atleast 2 months. I do believe that her weight issues  are conflicting with other health issues but what? I don't know. Her 3 yr check up Doctor said she was fine but she was concerned about her blood pressure. As of today  I will b taking a blood pressure diary and a blood pressure one to turn in.  My other kids at three were weighing what she weighs when they were 2 yrs old.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2010 at 9:11 PM

BUMP!

ajtherad
by on Oct. 1, 2010 at 9:13 PM
Every kid is different..there's no set amount they should gain in a certain amount of time. At least, not to my knowledge. lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BurntMom.10
by on Oct. 1, 2010 at 9:25 PM

all you should be concerned with is that they are following THEIR curve on THEIR growth chart.

If your child has consistantly been in the 10th percentile and jumps to the 90th the doctor will ask question..... just as a doctor will if a child is in the 80th and goes to the 5th....

If they are right around where they normally are, they are fine there isn't a "set" amount of weight to gain  etc.

My one daughter has ALWAYS been in the 95th percentile for height and the 3rd percentile for weight. She is 45lbs and 56in tall (probably taller that was 6/2010 at 5).  MY youngest daughter is in the 3rd percentile for height and weight for her age but when you do weight for height ratio she is in the 50th percentile making her perfect.

Thats them they maintain that there is no concern, if they drastically fall off that, or climb in one area they doctors will be concerned....

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 1, 2010 at 9:25 PM

According to a few sites, a child should only gain about 5-7 lbs a year total so to break that down monthly would be hard.

PradaBaby
by on Oct. 1, 2010 at 9:26 PM

In my dd's case 0. She has weighed 28 lbs for over a year now and she is 3 years old

CrystalDawn2506
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2010 at 9:28 PM

I am thinking not much lol. My DD went from 39 lbs to 42 lbs in a year. She will be 4 the 29th of this month.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)