Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My cat died today, I am so sad. Where and what happens to our pets when they die? Will I ever see them again?

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 6:53 PM
  • 21 Replies

RIP Crackers 04/18/1999 - 10/02/2010. My cat died today. I have had him for many years, when I divorced my ex-husband and moved in with family I decided he would be better off if I sent him to live with my DF until we move in with im. Well DF lives in Texas (Army) and we are in GA going through the court stuff to move. Well my DF came here for school for a month so while he was here, the kids and I stayed with him and would just come and check on my cat and visit with him, but because we couldn't have pets where we were staying. So while DF was here, I decided to send him on to Texas so he would have a big house to live in and keep DF company, and DF keep the cat company. Well the cat and DF left 08/29/10, the cat has been fine, and loving the house in Texas. Today DF calls me like always in the morning while he is making breakfast, and he keeps telling me he doesn't understand why the cat isn't out and about and meowing. I told him he is probably sleeping somewhere and to go find him when he is done eating. Well, the cat wasn't sleeping, he went looking for him and found him in his litter box. I was in shock, I didn't know what to say. he was only 12 years old, and I expected him to be around for a few more years. DF went and buried him today. I still am in shock, the last time I spent quality time with my cat was over two months ago, the night before they left for Texas I gave him a bath and packed up his stuff, and he was mad at me because he didn't want to get into his cat carrier thing, the next morning I tolf him bye and gave him a kiss and told him I would see him in a little while. Well, I was supposed to go to Teaxas with the kids in the end of November for a few weeks. I was so looking forward to seeing him, and knowing that he is happy and surrounded by our things and not living couped up in this small house with me and the kids. I miss him so much and I'm so mad that he died and that I wasn't there to see him and spend time with him. He had such a personality, he was so sweet. He loved to cuddle with me, and he would talk to me (meow) and loved to head butt you for kisses. My kids and him were really close too. My dog Annabelle died 15 months ago, and now my cat Crackers (I didn't name him, I got him when he was 4) died too. my question is where do pets go when they die? Will I ever see my beloved pets again? I sure do hope so. I am crying while typing this. My life has been so caotic and full of so much bad stuff in the past year, and my pets kept me company and were there to love on me through all of this, and now they are gone and I am still going through all of this. I love my pets like they are my kids.

by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nickie76
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2010 at 6:56 PM

I'm sorry :( Losing a pet sucks big time! I have 3 cats a rabbit and a bird. My parents just put their dog down a few days ago (He was 14.) I went their 2-day and I lost it! I hope you feel better soon (((HUGS)))...

mommato2kiddos
by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Thank you, I am still crying at the drop of a hat, and so sad I never got to see him again. What happens to our pets when they die? Will I ever see them again?

sweetnsassymami
by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 7:01 PM

hugs 

romanceparty4u
by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 7:04 PM

Your pets go back to the person who created them.......just as the trees, flowers, and oceans do.

They are on loan--I assume there is a small child in heaven somewhere that needed your cat's love. You will find some that will say "they can't go to heaven, they ain't got no soul" but sweetie, I am certain that God made em, and he takes em back to his house.

dotsicle
by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 7:04 PM

Google "rainbow bridge".You will find the answer.

romanceparty4u
by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Quoting dotsicle:

Google "rainbow bridge".You will find the answer.

Can't read it, so I can't repost it-it makes me cry every time I do.

mommato2kiddos
by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Thank you. I am in tears. I hope one day I do get to see my belived pets again one day. As they have been there for me when I had no one else. I loved them so much as I still do. I hate this helpless feeling I have. I so loved the bond he had with my two kids who are 2 and 3, he would cuddler up with them and watch tv and in the mornings when I was getting their diapers changed and getting them dressed he would come into their rooms and meow and rub up against the kids and they would be so happy to see him. They knew he was a good friend. I wanted to see the kids get older and love on him as I have and to know the bond of a pet.

kitty8199
by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 7:11 PM

I'm so sorry.  I know what it's like to lose a pet, and it is horrible.  12 years is a long time, though, he was a pretty old cat.  He was 84 in animal years.  You gave him a great life and lots of love.  I do think we will see them again one day.   

mommato2kiddos
by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 7:12 PM

my mom isn't and wasn't a supportive close mom, and I got my cat in high school, he would wait on me to come hom from work every night and meow and walk up and down the hallway waiting for me to go to bed so I could cuddle with him. He was never mean to anyone nor did he ever bite anyone. When I felt all alone in the world and shouldn't have, I had him to keep me company. He was my first pet and kid. It hurts so much losing him.

romanceparty4u
by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Quoting mommato2kiddos:

Thank you. I am in tears. I hope one day I do get to see my belived pets again one day. As they have been there for me when I had no one else. I loved them so much as I still do. I hate this helpless feeling I have. I so loved the bond he had with my two kids who are 2 and 3, he would cuddler up with them and watch tv and in the mornings when I was getting their diapers changed and getting them dressed he would come into their rooms and meow and rub up against the kids and they would be so happy to see him. They knew he was a good friend. I wanted to see the kids get older and love on him as I have and to know the bond of a pet.

It was just his time dear----you'll see him again. Remember though, you are now in a position to rescue a pet that doesn't have any second chances left.  Please consider this option--it's never a replacement, but if something good can come out of something bad---it's a good thing. There's a pet on death row right now, that doesn't need to be taken before his time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN