Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

30 years old and I STILL break out!

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 10:04 PM
  • 27 Replies

Anyone else as old as me and have skin like a teenager? No matter what I try, it doesn't go away. What do you use to treat breakouts? It's really strange, I've always had a bad complexion but it's gotten WORSE since I moved here in June (from VA to CT). I don't know what the problem could be. It can't just be hormonal because it's all month long.

~ Nicole ~
Mom to Brandon, 6-25-06
Proud Navy Wife to Mike

by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsDean
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 10:07 PM

My face does not break out BUT I have breakouts on my back :( It is so embarassing. I am 28 years old. I am debating getting a back facial they offer at a a local salon.

Pnukey
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 10:16 PM

It could be the water. I never broke out until I moved to go to college. Now, I'm 33 and still breaking out. :(  Nothing helps. :(

TNmom2three
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Yeah my skin sucks and I'm 28.. Blackheads out the wahzooo and acne

a_and_j_momma
by Wonder Woman on Oct. 3, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Do you have mirena?

AngeLnChainZ
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 10:18 PM

I didnt break out as a teen... now I do. It freakin sucks! and it's not just on my face I break out on my shoulders as well.

Honeybun09
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 10:19 PM

I don't get it really bad or anything but I do get it here and then. I'm 22. However, when I'm pregnant I do breakout pretty bad. :( I did with my first and I do with this one too.

Pregnancy Ticker

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 3, 2010 at 10:19 PM

I was diagnosed with one of the viruses that cause acne as a teenager so i learn as i get older how to control it.  If you overly wash your face, you dry it out and the skin tries to compensate by over producing oil.  Do you use any moisturizer on your face?   I am 30 and that seems to help alot with break outs except around AF time.  Also try to keep as hydrated on the inside as you can.

.kk.
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 10:19 PM

I'm 28 and I still break out.

SoSassy1016
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 10:21 PM

I'm 24 and I still break out as well....we just moved to Florida in July & my skin has actually improved a lot. I think the well water and having a pool helps because it dries everything up. I ALWAYS break out around my period and I honestly never see that stopping....it SUCKS! Nothing has really helped as far as medications but whatever is different here seems to be doing the trick for me!

*I actually just thought of something that I do use that seems to help. It's saint Ives apricot scrub for acne/blackheads and it does wonders for me. It's a little rough so i try not to scrub the hell out of my face when I'm using it but it helps a ton. Tea tree oil works really well, too!!

HippieMom78
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 10:25 PM

This stuff is really good. My mom sells Avon & ordered this stuff for me and it worked better than anything I have tried before. BTW my skin was BAD!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN