Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Had an appt. today. I'm 33 weeks along measuring 40 weeks...Anyone else had this happen?

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2010 at 3:48 PM
  • 21 Replies

I am 33 weeks along with my 2nd child.  I'm having another girl.  My first dd was 10 lbs. 3/4 oz. at 9 days past her due date.  I had a c-section with her.  I am having a c-section at about 39 1/2 weeks this time.  My last two appts. I have measured 7 weeks ahead.  At 30 weeks I was measuring 37 weeks, 7 weeks ahead.  I had an ultrasound and the baby was measuring perfectly, 50th percentile.  This week at 33 weeks along I was still measuring 7 weeks ahead, so I was measuring 40 weeks along.  I'm going to have another ultrasound this next week to see exactly what the baby is measuring.  Has anyone else had this happen?  I'm wondering if she is measuring bigger, maybe she is going to come earlier, like 37, 38 weeks.  Any advice would be great, it kind of worried me.  I also am overweight so the doctor did say they were measuring some of my extra weight on my belly area. 

by on Oct. 14, 2010 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2010 at 3:51 PM

BUMP!

lesliekaym27
by on Oct. 14, 2010 at 3:51 PM

I have friend that happened too they said she measured 38 wks! They decided to induce her and her baby ended up in the NICU for 3 weeks because it turned out the lungs weren't mature.

lovingwifey
by on Oct. 14, 2010 at 3:55 PM

Aww, no idea.  with my twins at 27 weeks I was measuring 43 weeks,, had them a week later and they were almost four pounds each, but spent 6 and 7 weeks in nicu

Kodysmommy928
by Jenjo-a-gogo on Oct. 14, 2010 at 3:57 PM

If you are overweight I would think nothing of it.  Are they doing a growth ultrasound closer to your c section?

Lizzys_mommy13
by on Oct. 14, 2010 at 3:59 PM

I did, but it was because they had my due date friggin wrong and caught that the day before they did my c-section. I was a month overdo!!! Uhg! I didn't know that was possible! I figured the baby would come out when she was ready, and apparently she liked it so much in there she took up residency! LOL

katie_uszaki
by on Oct. 14, 2010 at 4:01 PM

They are going to do a growth ultrasound next week.

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

If you are overweight I would think nothing of it.  Are they doing a growth ultrasound closer to your c section?

OkieGirlKatrina
by on Oct. 14, 2010 at 4:05 PM

I measured 5 weeks ahead with my second child and ended up going into labor 2 weeks early and my son was almost 8 pounds!!

LoveMyBlessings
by on Oct. 14, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Is it the same doc that measures yopu normally? Many time, diff. docs will get diff. results because they have a certain way to measure.

I measured 7 weeks ahead (once, 11 weeks ahead!) because of 1)having a chubby lil baby 2)the way she was laying in my tummy and 3) the way I am proportioned, baby can only go out, nowhere else, LOL.

Don't let them take her earlier than 38/39... prefferably 39... she may be chubby at 37 weeks but that certainly doesn't mean that she, or her lungs, are ready to come out. I'd refuse to let anyoe take a baby out that early, willingly, without having an amnio to check the lungs. Even then, I still probably couldn't do it.

You make bigger babies, most likely... you're having a c-section, so there shouldn't be any fears about "baby not fitting" through the pelvis. There isn't anythings wrong with her, so let her keep cooking and enjoy those chubby cheeks when she makes her debut! :o)

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Do you have GD???  Thats the only time I have heard of this unless they where wrong. 

vin1020
by on Oct. 14, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Many women measure ahead of what they actually are - try not to worry too much or stress out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)