Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm so sick of being broke!!!

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2010 at 8:28 PM
  • 83 Replies

Just gotta vent. I'm so sick and tired of scraping by week to friggin week. I'm sick of every time my son needs something for school, I'm counting out change. I'm sick of not being able to afford medication yet being denied for insurance for them (kids). I'm sick of constantly running on empty and just hoping I make it to my next destination. I'm sick of always buying the cheapest, most affordable meals instead of the ones I really want. I'm sick of never getting a vacation, just soooo sick of it all.....  :(

by on Oct. 26, 2010 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CallxMexMama
by Lisa on Oct. 26, 2010 at 8:29 PM

I hear ya honey. I got a job even though I want to stay home another year or two but we just can't afford it

heatherhall29
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2010 at 8:29 PM

I hope things get better for you soon HUGS

Alishia655
by on Oct. 26, 2010 at 8:31 PM

i feel ya there!  Things can only get better! Good luck!!

Cheribomb
by on Oct. 26, 2010 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

i know how you feel ...im sick of my kids not being able to do things that others get to do... i hate when my daughters friends call & ask her to go to the movies but can't because we don't have enough money for her to go..... i feel like my kids get left out... i have actually had to keep my daughter home from bday parties because we couldn't afford to buy a present.  IT FUCKING SUCKS!  makes me feel like my kids are missing so much cuz we can't afford anything. 

Logansmom2506
by on Oct. 26, 2010 at 8:32 PM

I am sorry you are going through this momma. ((Hugs)) If you need someone to talk to I am here

littleluvkitty
1 mom liked this

im sorry! don't wait for change, make it. = )

Carrie_Heims

My heart goes out to you.  When my oldest daughter was young, we were in the same situation. 

Carrie Heims
I work at home, PM me to learn how you can too!

mommy22boyz357
by on Oct. 26, 2010 at 8:34 PM

Quoting Cheribomb:

i know how you feel ...im sick of my kids not being able to do things that others get to do... i hate when my daughters friends call & ask her to go to the movies but can't because we don't have enough money for her to go..... i feel like my kids get left out... i have actually had to keep my daughter home from bday parties because we couldn't afford to buy a present.  IT FUCKING SUCKS!  makes me feel like my kids are missing so much cuz we can't afford anything. 

I know!! Ugh, it's so true. I put my son in basketball, he's in kindergarten. The sign up fee was ten dollars. At the time, that was no biggy. I thought 10 dollars isn't much for him to play, he'll really love it. Then at first practice, they wanted 12 for his shirt. I was like "okay, I got that (barely, but had it)....now tonight, they took pictures at his game, they had to be paid up front. I gave my last 15 dollars for them (and had to count out some change) to get them. I would feel terrible not getting the pictures, he was so excited and all his friends got theirs. If my other son was school age and in sports too, I don't think we could do it right now. And I hate that.

mommy22boyz357
by on Oct. 26, 2010 at 8:36 PM

Quoting littleluvkitty:

im sorry! don't wait for change, make it. = )

I'm in school to be a teacher, hopefully when I'm finished things will get better. But that's another 2 years....next fall my smallest son will be starting school, so at that time I can go to work full time if I can get all my classes online again.

mamivon2
by on Oct. 26, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Join the club

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN