Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

EDIT Why do women let men they barely know have unprotected sex with them?

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2010 at 2:34 PM
  • 180 Replies

Why do women let men they barely know have unprotected sex with them?

It's obvious why some men have unprotected sex with women they hardly know, isn't it?  Men don't get pregnant.  A lot of men think the woman is on birth control, because, again, WHAT KIND OF WOMAN has sex with a man she barely knows without protection?

Obviously it would be GREAT if both people used protection, but this post isn't about that.

EDIT:

PLEASE ASK YOUR HUSBANDS OR SIGNIFICANT OTHERS WHY A MAN WOULD HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX WITH A WOMAN HE BARELY KNOWS.  Ask if the woman doesn't insist on a condom, do the men think the women are on the pill, or what?

by on Oct. 28, 2010 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
futureshock
by Dr. Futureshock on Oct. 28, 2010 at 2:34 PM

BUMP!

mrs.phillips123
by on Oct. 28, 2010 at 2:36 PM
"Because you can't feel nothin with a condom!"

Lol kidding obviously, because people are irresponsible and don't think of the consequences when they are caught up in the moment. Pretty easy answer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kstanley_86
by on Oct. 28, 2010 at 2:38 PM

I think it's because they just don't care or they're not educated about the risks enough...but in my opinion both people should be tested before having sex, just because you use birth control and condoms doesn't mean you're 100% protected.  A person could have an STD like herpes and not know it because they haven't had an outbreak yet, and condom's don't cover the entire pubic area.

spurdy
by on Oct. 28, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Hmmm...Young?  Drunk?  High? Low self esteem?

Just listing the reasons why I might not have used them  when I was young.

moneysaver6
by on Oct. 28, 2010 at 2:39 PM

I think  a better question would be, "Why are people having sex if they aren't willing to BOTH accept the responsibilities of being a parent?"

Or perhaps, "Why is it okay to consider killing a child an okay thing to do simply so you're not inconvenienced by taking on the responsibility of being a parent; regardless of your gender?"

Amy

angiemichelle06
by on Oct. 28, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Probably dont care or uneducated!

evansmom0524
by on Oct. 28, 2010 at 2:41 PM

Low self esteem.  If it doesn't feel good for the man he won't want you.  I want to go back to when I was younger and slap myself silly.

.kk.

Because they don't plan ahead of time and they get caught up in the moment, because when they are tempted, things fly out the window. Becuase they have low self esteem. Because they don't think about the consequences.

hawtteenmama

what if its an arranged marriage? your techincally married, dont know the guy, and are about to have sex without anything.... just saying

strongerthanB4
by on Oct. 28, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Honest truth???? they just don't give a damn or they have the attitude ' I will never get AIDS'. It is very sad. Some women have sex to feel loved in some way.   if that is the case, if the man doesn't want to wear a condom she will let him hit it without protection because she feels desperate to be loved or to feel wanted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)