Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

F*** YOU DOWNSTAIRS NEIGHBORS!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 1:41 PM
  • 19 Replies
My downstairs neighbor is borderline harrassing us! theyb are constantly banging on thier cealing and pounding on our complainig that my dd is too loud.

shes 2! she runs sometimes, jumps sometimes, yells sometimes! i do not let her get excessive ever, no running around before 8am or after 9pm!

im sorry i have normal kids! just fuck off already will you?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chica1965
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 1:45 PM

I am a downstairs neighbor   I   am totally able to tune out all the kiddos noise  during the day 

I  know kids are kids but I swear  theese people never sleep the kids are running around at 2 am

there has to be effort on all parts  

I think banging on the ceiling is  not the apporpriate way to deal with it on her part

nonna
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 1:48 PM

This is sickening.  I understand their frustration if your child is up screaming at the top of her lungs all night throughout normal sleeping hours.  But if you live in an apartment, that does not give you the right to tell someone else's child to be quiet in the middle of the day.  That's insane.  And banging on your ceiling to quiet the upstairs neighbor... that's just making it loud in both apartments.  People really seem to hate children, nowadays.

~ Krystiana ~
               Wife to Nick & Momma  to

Juliana ~ 03.11.2006        Dylan ~ 02.16.2009

brettsmomma
by Tammie on Oct. 29, 2010 at 1:51 PM

you pay your rent. Dont worry about it.. Maybe you can go to your rental manager and set up a meeting between the two of you? If she has kids that are trying to nap or sleep maybe you could set up times you try to keep your quiet and vise versa.. Dont let this make you guys enemies. be the bigger person someone has to!!

LTryon
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2010 at 2:03 PM

I used to be in a 3rd floor apartment, and I had a neighbor downstairs who would come to my door at least once a week asking me to keep my kids quiet. It was a young couple with a new baby below me.. anywho, my kids are not allowed to run in the house... they're 4 and 6 and are old enough to know and understand what is or isn't allowed... my kids are not by any means loud... I figured out they were just nit picking after about the 3rd time their fighting shook the hole building at 4am from doors slamming and things hitting walls... and then at 7am he comes up and tells me my kids were running around and that they shook the walls and knocked a picture frame off of their wall and broke it. I told him to kiss my ass because I had been up with my kids since 4am when him and his girlfriends door slamming woke us all up.. we were cuddling on the couch until about 6:30 watching a movie because I couldn't get them back to sleep.. then I sent them upstairs to play in the loft while I made breakfast... and that's where I was when he came knocking.lol 

supergirl62488
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 3:16 PM
We've offerend to switch apartments too.... they're identcal. no go

Quoting chica1965:

I am a downstairs neighbor   I   am totally able to tune out all the kiddos noise  during the day 

I  know kids are kids but I swear  theese people never sleep the kids are running around at 2 am

I think banging on the ceiling is  not the apporpriate way to deal with it on her part

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supergirl62488
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 3:17 PM
I agree.... so sad

Quoting nonna:

This is sickening.  I understand their frustration if your child is up screaming at the top of her lungs all night throughout normal sleeping hours.  But if you live in an apartment, that does not give you the right to tell someone else's child to be quiet in the middle of the day.  That's insane.  And banging on your ceiling to quiet the upstairs neighbor... that's just making it loud in both apartments.  People really seem to hate children, nowadays.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thesephotosxo
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 3:19 PM
This.

We live downstairs and the woman and children above us are awful. She lets them pee on their balcony which goes down to ours, throws her cigarette butts over the balcony so we have tons in front of our patio and they are always awake. We can hear them running around at 3-4 am. We would never bang on our ceiling though.

Quoting chica1965:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supergirl62488
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 3:19 PM
We tried talking to her and discussing everything..... she basically says too bad. The land lord said today that if we cant figure it out one of us will have to move

Quoting brettsmomma:

you pay your rent. Dont worry about it.. Maybe you can go to your rental manager and set up a meeting between the two of you? If she has kids that are trying to nap or sleep maybe you could set up times you try to keep your quiet and vise versa.. Dont let this make you guys enemies. be the bigger person someone has to!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NikkiPitt0805
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 3:20 PM

Do we have the same down stairs neighbors?  Our complained to the propery manager that we were being too loud and making too much noise, one night she stopped a police officer doing his nightly drive through telling him that we were making too much noise and she walked up to our apartment with him saying we were being loud, and when DH opened the door, DS hd been in bed for 2 hours and DH and I had been on the sofa watching tv, and we keep it low so we don't want DS up....I think this lady is just crazy...

supergirl62488
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 3:22 PM
This woman is constantly yelling at her son so loud i can hear her plain as day!

Quoting LTryon:

I used to be in a 3rd floor apartment, and I had a neighbor downstairs who would come to my door at least once a week asking me to keep my kids quiet. It was a young couple with a new baby below me.. anywho, my kids are not allowed to run in the house... they're 4 and 6 and are old enough to know and understand what is or isn't allowed... my kids are not by any means loud... I figured out they were just nit picking after about the 3rd time their fighting shook the hole building at 4am from doors slamming and things hitting walls... and then at 7am he comes up and tells me my kids were running around and that they shook the walls and knocked a picture frame off of their wall and broke it. I told him to kiss my ass because I had been up with my kids since 4am when him and his girlfriends door slamming woke us all up.. we were cuddling on the couch until about 6:30 watching a movie because I couldn't get them back to sleep.. then I sent them upstairs to play in the loft while I made breakfast... and that's where I was when he came knocking.lol 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN