Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Huggies is donating diapers to the needy...really?

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2010 at 3:18 PM
  • 189 Replies

Don't get me wrong, I think we should help these mothers who cannot afford diapers....but if we're gonna have diaper drives, wouldn't it be a more long-term solution to do it with cloth diapers that can be re-used????

These women can wash their own diapers at home and that would keep them supplied in diapers for much much longer than donating disposables

Really I'm just saying if we are gonna help babies who may go without, it seems like we should use a longer term solution, no?

Stolen from another CMer ;-)

by on Nov. 2, 2010 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nicolleraeanne
by on Nov. 2, 2010 at 3:19 PM

It's giving them a chance to promote their product. They want people to see them doing good so they will sell more diapers. Why would they promote cloth? 

Kodysmommy928
by Jenjo-a-gogo on Nov. 2, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Never though of it that way, but it would be better.  Then again Huggies doesn't make cloth diapers.

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2010 at 3:20 PM

well huggies wouldnt get free advertising by donating CD, now would they?

Christine0813
by on Nov. 2, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Maybe come up with the organization yourself to help those in need? Not a bad idea.

lady_kira
by on Nov. 2, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Um... why would Huggies who markets disposable diapers donate reusable diapers? I mean it's common sense, all of these companies that take part in charities do so for the double wammie of helping the needy and marketing their product. Regardless, what makes you think all needy families want to use reusable? Maybe they want to use disposables and can't afford them. Ever thought of that?

christina0607
by on Nov. 2, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Why would they not donate the product they make? sorry but your post makes no sense. If you want to donate cloth diapers go for it....or if a cloth diaper manufacturer wants to great. but to think Huggies should is pretty silly.

Ajanee12
by That's What She Said on Nov. 2, 2010 at 3:23 PM

its advertising silly

hfs1998
by on Nov. 2, 2010 at 3:23 PM

That wouldn't work for the working poor since most daycares only accept disposable diapers but for SAHMs, I think it would be a wonderful idea.  My mom only used cloth diapers for me and my sister (except if we were out at some function or travelling) and she didn't even have a washing machine until we were older. 

sweetnsassymami
by Diabla on Nov. 2, 2010 at 3:23 PM

exactly..they are marketing for their competition. that would be stupid. buy disposable but give cloth a chance too lol. like a pp said maybe you should consider doing something like that yourself.

Quoting lady_kira:

Um... why would Huggies who markets disposable diapers donate reusable diapers? I mean it's common sense, all of these companies that take part in charities do so for the double wammie of helping the needy and marketing their product. Regardless, what makes you think all needy families want to use reusable? Maybe they want to use disposables and can't afford them. Ever thought of that?

KyKosMommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2010 at 3:25 PM
That is pretty cool. There are plenty of moms that won't do cloth so this is for them. For those that will use cloth, Miracle Diapers (or is it the Cloth Diaper Foundation now) is out there. You just need to apply and meet their requirements. Or buy 2 dozen flats & some Flip covers and you are mostly set.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)