Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I THINK IM HAVING A GALLBLADDER ATTACK, HELP!

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 7:41 AM
  • 51 Replies

Seriously the pain and everything is consistant with what the mayo clinics website has to say about it...its been going on for at least 40 minuets now...it woke me up thats how bad the pain is...I cant get comfortable or sit still....I do know I have gallstones. I dont want to wake my family up to get to the ER, but I dont feel comfortable driving, and would be super embarassed to call the ambulencebecause of this...HELP!! I even took tyonel with codene and im trying to see if that will help, but so far no releif!!!!! :(((((((

I know if i wake my husand up he'll blow me off and tell me to wait,

by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kellysp6637
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 7:44 AM

I'm so very sorry mama......but honestly, you need professional, medical assistance.  I'm sorry your dh would react in such a manner....but your health is very important....if you can't wake your dh....can you call on a friend or family member????? 

Also, you may want to think about some kind of professional help with your dh after this has passed if you seriously feel your dh would blow you off in your time of need.....how can you count on a man, that wouldn't help you in your time of need?

Hoping you feel better fast!

anikahaynes1
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 7:48 AM

Thank you for your concern, I am trying to distract my pain thats why im on here, and clearly b/c I have a jerk husband. He would say is it worth waking the kids up for just so I can drop you off?! Sucks...and no I have no friends or family near by...I could drive, but the last time I went in with gallbladder pain i drove myself because it wasnt as bad as it right now, and thats when they did the ultrasound and discovred i do indeed have gallstones, but said since i didnt have a ride home they couldnt oporate...so thats really why i dont want to drive myself,a nd i feel dumb for wanting to call 911 because its not like that serious and what if someone needs them mroe than me?! And its embarssing with the flashing lights and sirens and we lvie in an apartment so they'll wake everyone up with their loud sirens so embarassing!!! :(

Quoting kellysp6637:

I'm so very sorry mama......but honestly, you need professional, medical assistance.  I'm sorry your dh would react in such a manner....but your health is very important....if you can't wake your dh....can you call on a friend or family member????? 

Also, you may want to think about some kind of professional help with your dh after this has passed if you seriously feel your dh would blow you off in your time of need.....how can you count on a man, that wouldn't help you in your time of need?

jylianne
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 7:53 AM

I would wake him up.. because if one of the stones has totally blocked off that duct.. it could end up causing some serious problems... I dont think it is something that I would wait for morning for either.. so to me it would be worth waking the kids up and having him drop you off... if that is what he thinks he needs to do..

debbie26
by Debbie on Nov. 7, 2010 at 7:56 AM

Ummm i waited it out and let me tell you NO.. It cause me to have pancreatitis and i was hospitalized for 3 weeks because my white enzymes/levels whatever did not come down and they couldn't get my gallbladder till they did They had to pull fluid from my lung that hurt like a biotch it was bad then my levels finally came down and they were able to operate on me but i was in the hospital a month and this was 2 weeks after having my DD SHe is now 5... So i say go or it will GET WORSE HUN

anikahaynes1
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 7:57 AM

Its what I think should happen, but he will just say that im being retarted or something and roll over and go to sleep, he's too concerned about getting his sleep, because he will be afraid the kids wont go back to bed after we wake them up. and honestly they probably wouldn't. and yeah that does kind of suck, he had a LONG work day yesterday and he is tired so i do feel bad for him but i need to think of myself too...the tyonel with codene feels like its kicking in, its taking the edge off, but i dont think i'll get to sleep. why cant this ever happen during the day time i swear?! LOL all my attacks always seem to be in the early evenings to late at night.

Quoting jylianne:

I would wake him up.. because if one of the stones has totally blocked off that duct.. it could end up causing some serious problems... I dont think it is something that I would wait for morning for either.. so to me it would be worth waking the kids up and having him drop you off... if that is what he thinks he needs to do..

HaywoodJablome
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 7:58 AM

How the hell could we help you?

If you are in that much pain stop being dumb and wake someone up. 

anikahaynes1
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 7:59 AM

What?! Wow! I didnt even know it could do that! all I know is the mayoclinic.com website said to seek immediate help if you cant sit still or get comfy, and then it said like fever or chills, which i dont have...so is it REALLY worth going in? The tyenol with codine is helping a bit now i can tell...uhg Im so conflicked and i know its stupid im on here, i unfortunetly dont have an awesome husband or friends near by.

Quoting debbie26:

Ummm i waited it out and let me tell you NO.. It cause me to have pancreatitis and i was hospitalized for 3 weeks because my white enzymes/levels whatever did not come down and they couldn't get my gallbladder till they did They had to pull fluid from my lung that hurt like a biotch it was bad then my levels finally came down and they were able to operate on me but i was in the hospital a month and this was 2 weeks after having my DD SHe is now 5... So i say go or it will GET WORSE HUN

kellysp6637
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 8:00 AM

I don't think she actually expects someone to ease her pain....I think she is more looking for someone to talk to so she doesn't feel alone....

Quoting HaywoodJablome:

anikahaynes1
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 8:01 AM

Quoting HaywoodJablome:

Until you live with someone who litterally could care less if you died or not, you wont understand...and i dont feel like or should need to put up the whole drama between my husband and i. we are military and i have no friends that live any where near me.

HaywoodJablome
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 8:02 AM

Great idea, we distract her while she sits and home and possibly gets worse.

Quoting kellysp6637:

I don't think she actually expects someone to ease her pain....I think she is more looking for someone to talk to so she doesn't feel alone....

Quoting HaywoodJablome:

pregnancy due date

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN