Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

my trees need cut down! think anyone will do it for free???

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 11:40 AM
  • 27 Replies

If I am willing to let them have the wood, for free?

My oak is HUGE! And every year, I have to rake those leaves! I hate it! I also have a lucust that I want gone and a pine! I know the pine can't be burned indoors, but for camping it is great, same with the locust. The oak, once dried would heat someone for two or more years! That is how big this tree is! I can't get the yard raked in one day, I must do it over a week span!

What do you girls think? If I put a sign up saying free if you cut, think I will get any takers??

Oh- I live out in the boonies, so firewood is hot here!

by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rhyne
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 11:41 AM
Try craigslist, I see ads like that all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robinalbright
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 11:42 AM
last year someone came and cut down our half dead tree so he could use it as fire wood. we just ran a ad in the local paper. " FREE FIRE WOOD, MUST CUT YOURSELF"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazynlove1207
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 11:42 AM

You can get paid to have them removed.... My parents just got $1500 for their trees...... Google loggers in your area.

TygerLily62
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 11:43 AM

I bet someone would jump on the oak. Would it have to be a package deal or would you let them pick and choose which tree they wanted to cut down?

toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2010 at 11:43 AM
Craigslist is a good idea. Last year my BIL cut down some trees for someone for the wood. There was enough for him, their parents, and us. We probably have enough for next year too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2010 at 11:43 AM

I would be really careful of that if the tree is ANYWHERE near your home....someone not knowing how to cut it properly may send it crashing down the wrong way!!

If thats not a worry I am sure there will be someone who wants it!

ETA PLUS if someone got hurt on your property cutting it down YOU may be liable!!

ajjs1972
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 11:43 AM

You're shittin me?? I could use that money right about now! LOL

Quoting crazynlove1207:

You can get paid to have them removed.... My parents just got $1500 for their trees...... Google loggers in your area.

mamafor6
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Hnag on just a question you want to cut down three huge beautiful trees for no less than the raking :(     Im bitter I had to cut down our big maples b/c of flipping gyspy moths.

Any way yes or Craigslist you may be able to sell the oak to a lumber company

ajjs1972
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 11:45 AM

I have a much smaller oak off to the side of my property that I am happy with. these trees are killing my grass, are a pain to rake the dead leaves and the animals?? LOL

Quoting mamafor6:

Hnag on just a question you want to cut down three huge beautiful trees for no less than the raking :(     Im bitter I had to cut down our big maples b/c of flipping gyspy moths.

Any way yes or Craigslist you may be able to sell the oak to a lumber company

Shauna71904
by on Nov. 10, 2010 at 11:45 AM

why not try it.... we just had several oaks taken down because they had a lot of dead limbs and the crap kept falling in our pool... we gave our neighbors some wood and kept some for next year... i mean sadly the wood wont help them this year... it has to be seasoned

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)