Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is Walmart doing Thanksgiving dinner for less than 30 bucks again this year?

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 12:35 AM
  • 22 Replies
Because it would be awesome help for families like mine, who are on a severely tight holiday budget this year. Does anyone know? Sorry if my words are misspelled or not spaced. Doing this pb mobile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katiebuggs2003
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 12:36 AM
I don't think so. I am pretty sure walmart announced they were losing money by rolling back prices so they raised prices. Last year it was already announced by now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
La-Belle-Vie
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 12:37 AM
How many people are you feeding?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiebuggs2003
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 12:38 AM
Btw did you know some states didn't get those deals? Oklahoma being one of them. Its a law that retailers not sale below average sale price or something. Stupid law. Oklahoma never gets the good deals because of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ELEMommy
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 12:41 AM
not sure but here's a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gigglyann87
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 12:44 AM
Oh that sucks. And I'm only feeding 3. But I only have about 150 dollars for thanksgiving and groceries for the rest of the month. So if there are no good deals like that this year we are just skipping thanksgiving dinner. Which blows because we love having it. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gigglyann87
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 12:46 AM
Wow. That really sucks! And so not fair to consumers. So no sales ever? Like not even clearance sales? Or does it only apply to specials?

Quoting katiebuggs2003:

Btw did you know some states didn't get those deals? Oklahoma being one of them. Its a law that retailers not sale below average sale price or something. Stupid law. Oklahoma never gets the good deals because of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romanceparty4u
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 12:48 AM

You're feeding 3? Get a 10 lb turkey those are on sale for 98 cents a pound.....you can get generic stuffing and a bag of potatoes, for less than 5 bucks. Couple of bags of frozen corn 3 bucks. We're only up to 18 so far, and you have half of what you need with turkey, corn and potatoes. I'm sure you can get some sweet potatoes, bread, green beans and make some gravy with what's left over. It shouldn't cost anywhere near 30 bucks for 3 people.

Rydersmommy616
by Crazy on Nov. 11, 2010 at 12:49 AM

bump.............. !

Laura4807
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 12:49 AM

cheap thanksgiving dinners is eaaaasy! I promise. Especially with only 3 people.

What do you like to have?

Do you have to have a whole turkey? If not. Do turkey breasts. those are sold around that time, for really cheap no less.

potatoes arent expensive either, and neither are boxed flaked potatoes.

What do you like to have on thanksgiving day? what do you HAVE to have?

Quoting gigglyann87:

Oh that sucks. And I'm only feeding 3. But I only have about 150 dollars for thanksgiving and groceries for the rest of the month. So if there are no good deals like that this year we are just skipping thanksgiving dinner. Which blows because we love having it. :(

katiebuggs2003
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 12:50 AM
There are sales but like that thanksgiving dinner was not for oklahoma and a few other states with similar laws. Watch a walmart commerical or listen to it on the radio. Over the summer walmart had really cheap shoes.. It always said not in ok and like 4 others. Let me find the law..

Quoting gigglyann87:

Wow. That really sucks! And so not fair to consumers. So no sales ever? Like not even clearance sales? Or does it only apply to specials?

Quoting katiebuggs2003:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN