Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

JUSTICE FOR SAMANTHA KELLY! *UPDATE*

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 9:52 AM
  • 220 Replies

I am the aunt of Samantha Kelly, and a very kind, caring woman out of Virginia came all the way to Michigan to attend the funeral and discuss this act that she is taking to Senate and trying to pass so that no other family has to be stabbed through the heart when a case is dropped, such as this one. This act will keep the victims statement valid even in the incidence of death, if passed. Please take a moment to sign it, share it on FB, share it with everyone you know and let's take action! Here is the description from the petition page:

I am starting a petition in honor of the loss of Samantha Kelly, 14, of Huron Township, MI. While I do not know her what so ever I feel her story must be told and I have all the reason to! Samantha Kelly alledged that she raped on 9/26/2010 by Joseph Tarnopolski, 18, according to her police report filed on 9/27/2010. Tarnopolski was arrested on 10/12/2010 for Criminal Sex Conduct charges. He bonded out and returned to Huron High School where Samantha was taunted and eventually took her own life out of shame, embarrassment, and humility. Samantha may have suffered from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and suicide is a side effect. Now, because she is not alive, all charges have been dropped against Tarnopolski.  The Samantha Justice Act that I would like legislation to pass, is an ACT so that even in death, sex crime offenders will STILL be put on trial and the victim's statement, evidence, rape kit results that were taken before the victims death ARE able to be entered into evidence and they should stand trial REGARDLESS of the suicide of the victim. Like Homocide cases get solved without the victim's statement. NOT ALL RAPE VICTIMS TESTIFY!!!! If you had enough evidence to arrest and Wayne County set bond and ACCEPTED PAYMENT for his bond, he should STAND TRIAL!!!! OR THEY NEVER SHOULD HAVE TAKEN HIS BOND MONEY!!!! I don't care what the outcome is of the trial , but he and future offenders should stand before a jury to decide based soley on evidence and testimony of other witnesses when the victim has taken their own life after such a traumatic experience. Please help me get the "Samantha Justice Act" passed. Help change the future!!

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/samanthajusticeact

11/18/10 At this point, we have 4,130 signatures! That's great. Keep spreading the word ladies and thank you so much for taking the time to sign it!

natural_parenting.png picture by kwright9608

Mommy of 2 Wonderful Boys!

by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
briansmommy7143
by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 10:04 AM

BUMP!

Rhyne
by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 10:07 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
always_sabrina
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2010 at 10:08 AM

BUMP!

starryeyez23
by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 10:12 AM

BUMP!

Barronbaby
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2010 at 10:15 AM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HannahC
by Member on Nov. 15, 2010 at 10:15 AM

BUMP!

..elizabeth..
by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 10:17 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rhyne
by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 11:01 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
simplyus642
by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 11:05 AM

BUMP!

simplyus642
by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 11:05 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)