Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I still breast feed my 7yo

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 9:18 PM
  • 654 Replies

Lol, just kidding! He`s not 7, he`s only 5

But I had a question for all you mom`s who child led wean. 

When did you kids stop nursing?

Did they stop all on their own? Or did you help them a little?

My son, just told me last night that he was too big to nurse :-(

My baby`s growing up,lol.

Lol, I think it`s so funny that shyones sister got bashed to hell in her my sister breast feeds her 5yo but I didn`t! Silly ladies, she was talking about me,lol.

by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paganbaby
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Bump for title change

amayabrianna
by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 9:24 PM

My BFF nursed until her DD was like 2 1/2. She let her wean herself. She said the last like 8 months was just once or twice a day, but she didn't want to push her away. They do have an incredibly close bond, but IDK if that is because she is the baby of the family by about 8 years or due to the BFing. 

mrs.pyle
by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 9:24 PM

its sad isnt it? i didnt know whether to jump for joy or bawl my eyes out. He weaned at the end of september. i didnt nudge him until the very end because i was having some health problems related to it.  all i did was not offer it, but i didnt refuse it. 

Water_geM
by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 9:25 PM

im no help.i kicked my son off the boob

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2010 at 9:25 PM
She was 26 months. She started slowing down at 20 months. 23 months it was not every night nursing. By 26 months she never asked again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roseberrymatrix
by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 9:26 PM

I dried up at 3.5 months. I cried, wanted to do it longer. Hopefully I can let the next baby self wean

jaisgirl
by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 9:26 PM
My ds was 2.5yrs and my dd was 18 months. Both weaned themselves with no insistence from me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2010 at 9:27 PM

I know!

I`m so torn. I nursed him for sooo long. It feels weird. Even though this past year it`s only been at night or when he`s sick.

Quoting mrs.pyle:

its sad isnt it? i didnt know whether to jump for joy or bawl my eyes out. He weaned at the end of september. i didnt nudge him until the very end because i was having some health problems related to it.  all i did was not offer it, but i didnt refuse it. 

Manaroo
by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 9:28 PM

My ds self weaned at 11 months. At the time, I was ok with it because he was still waking up a LOT at night, wanting to be fed. After he weaned he immediately started sleeping throuh the night. I miss it now though. We are ttc and I can't wait to nurse the next one!! I will definitely try to go longer. 

robbinsroost
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2010 at 9:28 PM

My girls I weaned at a year. I could not have any dairy due to them having a milk allergy, so after a year I wanted to have cows milk in my cereal. My DS was only able to nurse 9 months because I got pregnant and dried up. I sometimes look back and wish I had nursed them all longer, but am happy I did nurse as long as I did.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)