Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

is your neck hurting after getting rear ended something to worry about

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2010 at 4:59 PM
  • 32 Replies

I got rear ended yesterday.. someone smashed into the car behind me, and she smashed into me. My neck didn't hurt at all until later that night and now it hurts quite a bit. I know some of you are just going to say "go to the doctor" but I don't want to have to spend $45 on a copay just for them to say "put ice on it" or something stupid. Would you see a doctor about that?

by on Nov. 16, 2010 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Nov. 16, 2010 at 5:01 PM
I think I would. Maybe a chiropractor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyBoha
by Country Girl on Nov. 16, 2010 at 5:02 PM

yeah. Your medical bills will be covered by the person who hit you. Also a chiro will be a good idea

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2010 at 5:03 PM

YES you shiuld have iyt checked it could be whiplash you might have major problems down the road. Why wouldnt the others persons or your pay to see the dr?

dsebastian23
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2010 at 5:04 PM

its called whip lash your going to hurt for a bit.

Koltonsmommy345
by on Nov. 16, 2010 at 5:05 PM

YES!! I am a Massage Therapist by trade and I worked in a Chiropractic Office for 2 years!! You probably have whiplash and it's common to show signs 24-48 hours after you get into an accident. When you are going through the process of the accident your body is in "Fight or Flight" mode and not always does the pain show up right away!! I say get it checked out ASAP!!

Good Luck Mama, and I hope you feel better.

UpNorthMom218
by on Nov. 16, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Ice (NO heat!) and ibuprofen.  You can take a towel and roll it up, then lay on your back with the towel roll in the curve of your neck. Lay like this for 15-20 mintues after you ice. This will take pressure off the muscles and ligaments and allow them to relax.  If in 3 days you are not significantly better, then I'd go in to see someone (like chiro or a physical therapist)

Lara
Mom of Seth

Happily working from home and would love to show you how you can too!  Legit business with no sales or home parties.  Message me for more info.

sam12796
by Sandy on Nov. 16, 2010 at 5:09 PM

yes you should go it could be whiplash or something worse please get it checked out that is what her insurance is for if they had insurance of course..sorry you had the accident

wiard4jesus
by on Nov. 16, 2010 at 5:11 PM
Yes!!! You need to go in to the doctor..ALL your medical,prescription ,time loss at work for however long,& much more will be covered by the person who hit you insurance.. I know first hand because I was in a similar experience & I ended up with disks in my neck being herniated & fractured plus my back was messed up just as bad.If your neck is hurting you may have whiplash or something different & probably will need x-ray or MRI like I did.. Just make sure you claim EVERYTHING as car accident to be reimbursed.Good Luck Mama.. I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers:) I hope you get some relief from the neck pain!!! ((Hugs)) Angela
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Michelle2003mom
by on Nov. 16, 2010 at 5:11 PM

I had a friend who was rear ended. They ended up having to put rods and plates in her neck where the vertebra were crushed. 

Yes, it is something to worry about. Make sure at the ER you tell them you were rear ended.  I hope it's nothing too bad. 

haydsmom2007
by on Nov. 16, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Ok thanks ladies. I guess I will go to the chiropractor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN