I'm freaking out like crazy because my baby girl has been having TONS of issues with throwing up and not gaining any weight. But all the tests that have been done have come back negative.
So we tried several things such as medications for reflux, supplemental formula, different breast feeding positions etc. The combination of what I was doing for her was starting to work really well until the past 3 days.
She started throwing up more consistently again and now, not even 30 minutes ago I woke up to her crying, went to check on her-vomit everywhere. And in the middle of all this vomit-a big brown spot with blood in the middle.
We coincidentally are scheduled for an xray at the hospital this morning but I'm absolutely scared. I woke my husband up and showed the stain to him, I don't know how he was able to go right back to sleep! It's 5am and there's no way I could even THINK about going back to sleep. My baby girl is sick and I can't help her!
I'm starting to really worry and the more doctors are getting concerned, the more it's concerning me. I don't want anything bad to happen to my little girl, I've already got one that's got several issues mentally but those are easily taken care of with therapy and speech sessions. If I have a sick baby, there's a chance she gets so sick that she dies and as horrible as it is for that thought to cross my mind, it is still a possibility if she doesn't get any better.
*Keep baby Ellie in your thoughts & prayers please, my daughters are my world and if anything bad happened to either of them, my world would come crashing down.
Well we went to the hospital, got the xray done, didn't see a doctor, instead they sent us right over to her pediatrician. From there, they told us we had to wait for our scheduled appointment time which was 2 hours later.
Back to the hospital, they said there was nothing they could do for her since she was so little and hadn't spit up blood since 4:30am and to just wait it out until our appointment.
It was close to our appt time anyway so we just went in early. Xrays came back clean. Just showed "some reflux". They are keeping her on her medicine and supplemental formula and have added rice cereal again. Which she didn't do well at all the FIRST time she tried rice cereal.
So all in all...they still don't have a damn clue what is wrong with my baby girl. We have yet another appointment tomorrow afternoon to "see if the cereal helped any" (which I know it won't) and from there they're going to "toy" with the idea of admitting her to the hospital, which they've been saying for over a week now....
I'd really just like some answers from these doctors already...