Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Facebook/child abuse awareness...

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 10:26 PM
  • 22 Replies

Has anyone else seen this status? A friend of mine posted this a little while ago and now I'm noticing people are changing their pictures back.

*****IMPORTANT***** People Change Your Profile Pics Back To YOU, Because The Group That Told Us All To Change Our Pics To Our Favorite Cartoon Characters Were A Group Of "Pedophiles". They're Doing It Because Kids Will Accept Their Requests Faster If They See A Cartoon Pic - It Had Nothing To Do With Child Abuse. PASS ...IT ON!.....

Stac~ Riches

by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wickedfiress
by SmthngWkdThsWayComes on Dec. 5, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Kids shouldn't have a facebook page in the first place.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

mrsmoore02
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Ugh.  That's sick.  I'm glad I didn't jump on THAT bandwagon!!

46186mommyof4
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 10:27 PM

I heard it was this is a rumor going around your safe to leave the cartoon pic on your facebook. there is something on ABC news that it is safe and there is No pedafiles.

46186mommyof4
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 10:28 PM

I took my pic off, just incase but im proubly going to put mine back on.

morisa32
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Quoting 46186mommyof4:

I heard it was this is a rumor going around your safe to leave the cartoon pic on your facebook. there is something on ABC news that it is safe and there is No pedafiles.

mommynoble
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 10:29 PM
Yeah I saw this idk if its real or fake but I never changed my pic anyway since I don't know how to do it on my phone:/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Dec. 5, 2010 at 10:30 PM

I just posted about this, it's false. I mean how would they target kids if everyone changed their pics? How do you know who is a child and who is an Adult?

Proudmama2009
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 10:33 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KCNV9cehR8

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/cartoon-characters-facebook-profile-pictures/story?id=12313096

you can read these links and do what you want. I kept my cartoon pic up I'm sure the pedophile thing is something someone made up.. i'm sure so is the cartoon thing but still it's my choice.

-Riches-
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Quoting 46186mommyof4:

Oh really? I turned my cable off when I moved and I'm not turning it back on so I had no idea. I wonder who this rumor got started.

Stac~ Riches

marissaj125
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 10:34 PM

its a hoax to kill the fun

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)