Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Omg Yall

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:10 AM
  • 23 Replies
Im watching "Half Ton Teen" and totally yelling at the T.V at the moms for letting their teen sons get to 700lbs. How in the hell do you let your child become that big? Now my oldest dd is big BUT will never be THAT big. She is 4yr @ 58in and 70lbs(shes lost 6lbs HOORAY) Why would you not step in and stop your child from getting that big. AAAAAAAAAAAH!. Its driving me nuts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:11 AM
Wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imuney
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:15 AM

geeze Idk..thats sad

ilovejason
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:16 AM

My ss is 10 and weighs over 170 pounds.

TexasWife
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:19 AM

I remember watching an episode and crying. The mom felt guilty if she denied him anything because she had lost a child before she found out she was pregnant. She felt that if she hadn't denied the first child a toy he would have still been alive today so she never said no to food or games.

married-in-06
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:20 AM
I blame the parents. Especially at 5yr one was 100lbs and at 8yr the other was 115lbs. One of them had gastric bypass and has barely lost any weight due to his mom giving him bags of candy for lunch etc. The other ones mom does basically the same thing. Ilovejason that is so sad. Imagine the health issues
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
married-in-06
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:22 AM
I just feel SO bad for these boys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmomma1986
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:24 AM
OK and why does your daughter weigh so much you have her losing weight?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovejason
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:24 AM

BM says the Dr told her to put him on a diet.. but she didn't. Her husband works at What-A-Burger and he (ss) will tell you, they eat it almost every night, because its free. My husband doesn't know what to do.. CPS tells him thats something they have to work out between each other. We don't let him have junk over here.. so he just refuses to come over.

Quoting married-in-06:

I blame the parents. Especially at 5yr one was 100lbs and at 8yr the other was 115lbs. One of them had gastric bypass and has barely lost any weight due to his mom giving him bags of candy for lunch etc. The other ones mom does basically the same thing. Ilovejason that is so sad. Imagine the health issues

Mommy4000
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:28 AM

They probably don't know how to handle the problem. How to eat is something that's learned. If that parent was never taught how to eat properly, obviously they don't know how to feed their kids proper nutrition. I think it's very sad, but I also understand how some parents can just be clueless as to what to do once the problem is out of control. And... weight problems don't just happen over night. It can be hard to realize that it's a problem until it's overwhelmingly out of control.

married-in-06
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:36 AM
Um my DD is fine. She is chubby not morbidly obese. We only eat junk food ONCE a week on Wednesday. Other than that its fresh healthy things. The ped said she is fine with her weight cuz she is so tall. Btw post isnt about my dd. Its about MORBIDLY OBESE teens
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)