Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

THIS is a bad day at work FUNNY FUNNY story you will cry with laughter!!!!!! Very Long but worth the read!!

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:23 AM
  • 26 Replies

Bob is a commercial saturation diver, he does underwater repairs on offshore drilling rigs.  This is an email he sent his sister.

Hi sue,

Just another note from your bottom dwelling brother.   Last week I had a really bad day at the office.    I know you have been feeling down lately at work so I thought I would share my dilemma with you to make you realise it is not so bad after all..   Before I can tell you what happened to me I first must bore you with a few technicalities of my job.    As you know my office lies at the bottom of the sea,  I wear a suit to the office, it is a wet suit.

this time of year the water is quite cool so what we do to keep warm is we have a diesel powered water heater.  this$20,000 piece of equipment sucks the water out of the sea, it heats it to a delightful temp then pumps it down to the diver throught a garden hose which is taped to the air hose.

Now this sounds like a darn good plan and ive used it several times with no complaints.  what i do when I get down the bottom and start working is to take the hose and stuff it down the back of my wet suit,  this floods my whole suit with warm water it is like working in a jacuzzi!!  E

Everything was going well until all of a sudden my Butt started to itch so of course I scratched it.   This only made things worse.  within a few seconds my ass started to burn.  I pulled the hose out from my back but the damage was done!!  In agony I realised what had happened.  The hot water machine had sucked up a jelly fish and pumped it into my suit.   Now since I dont have any hair on my back the jelly fish could not stick to it, however the crack of my arse was not as fortunate!!

When I scratched what I thought was as itch I was actually grinding the jellyfish into the crack on my arse.

I informed the dive supervisor of my dilemma over the communicator.  his instructions were unclear due to the fact that he, along with five other divers were all laughing hysterically.   Needless to say I aborted the dive.

I was instructed to make three agonizing in-water decompression stops totalling 35 mins before I could reach the surface to begin my chamber dry decompression.   When I arrived at the surface I was wearing nothing but my brass helmet.   As I climbed out of the water the medic handed me a tube of cream and told me to rub it on my butt as soon as I got in the chamber.    the cream put the fire out but I could not shit for 2 days because my arse was swollen shut!!  

So next time your having a bad day at work think about hou much worse it would be if you had a jelly fish shoved up your arse!!!!  

Sorry I know this is long but soooo funny!!!   What was your worst day at work????  can anyone beat this???  I have a really bad day which I will share later.

Merry Christmas!! santa green

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelenia
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:27 AM
freakin' awesome! I have never had a day this bad. Thanks for the giggle, mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livric
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:30 AM

Quoting angelenia:

freakin' awesome! I have never had a day this bad. Thanks for the giggle, mama!

LOL I know,  my DH just bought it home from his work and I just had to share!!!

bayliesmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:31 AM
lol! We need more funny posts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livric
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:34 AM

Quoting bayliesmommy:

lol! We need more funny posts.

yeah I know!!  I so needed this laugh,  LOL the poor guy!!

ReinsKitten
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:37 AM

AAHhhh... I'm dying of laughter here, lol. Thanks for sharing this, I needed this story and laugh too =) I think I'll save it to my computer for future reference, hee hee.

No work stories here, BUT- I've actually been stung by a jellyfish before- 3 times in one summer vacation I believe it was, when I was in elementary or middle school I think. Once on my legs, once on my arms, and the worst for me- on my FACE! It was HORRIBLE!! My younger brother and all my cousins were nice enough to go on a jellyfish hunt after that and make sure I wasn't stung again, not that I was eager to get back in the ocean in the 1st place.

serjil
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:41 AM

LMArseO

I will never complain again. 

Punky_1981
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:48 AM
livric
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:49 AM

Quoting ReinsKitten:

AAHhhh... I'm dying of laughter here, lol. Thanks for sharing this, I needed this story and laugh too =) I think I'll save it to my computer for future reference, hee hee.

No work stories here, BUT- I've actually been stung by a jellyfish before- 3 times in one summer vacation I believe it was, when I was in elementary or middle school I think. Once on my legs, once on my arms, and the worst for me- on my FACE! It was HORRIBLE!! My younger brother and all my cousins were nice enough to go on a jellyfish hunt after that and make sure I wasn't stung again, not that I was eager to get back in the ocean in the 1st place.

oh OWWWWW   you poor thing!!! you would REALLY feel this guys pain then :)

Momtrepreneur24
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:52 AM

lol

Tryingforbaby1
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:54 AM

lmao sidesplittinglaughter

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)