Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting molars around 7 years old?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:37 AM
  • 5 Replies

My son was telling me that his jaw hurt last night. We finally narrowed it down to the pain being in the back on the top. I am thinking that he has a tooth coming in. I know it hurts when teeth come in. Did your kids complain much about it hurting? I am going to call the dentist to check it out, just in case it isn't that.  

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
brandi2781
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:12 AM

Yes, my kids complained to and I gave them motrin for the pain. I would still call though just to make sure that there isnt a cavity back there.

Jadegirl1819
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:14 AM

Yep, they get 7 year molars.  We had to wait for DD's to get in before they could start braces.

melly726
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:15 AM

My DD is 6 and came home from school saying her gums were falling out lol.. she was getting a new molar. Gave her some motrin and she was fine. There are a set of secondary molars that come in at 6-7 yrs. I would keep an eye on it though.

grammarpolice
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:01 AM

They get their first & second molars around 6 & 12 years. Have you checked back there to see if they've erupted yet? Or did the hygienist or dentist mention at his last visit that they were present or not?

Jynnifer292
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Quoting grammarpolice:

They get their first & second molars around 6 & 12 years. Have you checked back there to see if they've erupted yet? Or did the hygienist or dentist mention at his last visit that they were present or not?

I can't see back there. He won't open his mouth enough. His last dental visit they didn't do xrays so they didn't mention any teeth coming in. I don't like the last office I brought him to. I am going to try and call my husband's dentist when they open. He is autistic. It is very difficult for him to describe exactly what he is feeling. What is uncomfortable for us might be horrible for him and vice verse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)