Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so relieved but now i feel kind of like an idiot

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:56 AM
  • 5 Replies

I have been having the worst time sleeping these past couple of weeks because of her nonstop kicking.. today i actually got a nap in that lasted 4 hours after 48hrs of no sleep..Anyway tonight i  felt tired enough to sleep so i was really happy to be able to get some much needed nighttime rest..after about 4 hours of laying in bed awake i realize that i cant remember how often she kicked today (my days have been running together due to lack of sleep and being busy workin around the house..my brain feels like mush) I try to remember if she was kicking when i first lay down and i can't.. so i start to freak out... I dont want to wake up my df because hes been having trouble sleeping too..Then i realize i cant remember how much I ate today and I really start to freak out.. So i get up and walk around the house and do some stretches to see if i can feel her kicking but i feel nothing.. so i reallly panic.. i figure sometimes when i eat spicy foods she kicks so i make a sandwich with pepper jack.. at this point I'm wide awake and considering calling my doctor..10 mins after i finish my sandwich i feel her little kicks :) I'm so relieved.. but now i feel stupid because she was probably sleeping, and that was probably the only chance i got for a decent sleep this week haha

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
shabbypink123
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:03 AM

It's perfectly normal to worry. Don't feel dumb about it.

Aydans_Mommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:04 AM
Awe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nemiller
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:05 AM

Don't feel dumb.  Worrying is one of the things that comes with motherhood, especially the first time around.  I hope the rest of your pregnancy is healthy and you get some sleep more regularly.  :)

Lanie_momofone
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:06 AM

You said that you were busy most of the day right ? well the constant moving is more of a rocking sensation for the baby...which probably means she was asleep most of the day! ..glad that she started kicking though and made you feel more relieved ....congrats on the pregnancy!

MarchMarie
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:09 AM

aww... yeah... we've all been there, done that! My sister called me in a panic from Korea once because she hadnt felt her son kick all night... I was like "were you sleeping?" "yeah" "did you feel him kick when you got up?" "yeah"

LOL... I bet she felt kind of numb too, but its one of those better safe than sorry things that kick in when you become a parent... just like checking to make sure your kids are still breathing when you know you shouldnt get too close to them becuase they are sleeping so peacefully....  but you have to do it anyway... its a mommy thing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)