Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pissed off! Need advice...

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:10 AM
  • 9 Replies

My younger sister (19) just had her first baby... I need to know how to give her unasked for advice without pissing her off or sounding like a bitch.  Her facebook status last night was something like this... "baby is crying and fussing in his crib, but I'm not giving in to him yet"...  the baby is not even a month old and she is trying to CIO?  I want to say "WTF is wrong with you?  Go pick up your baby, he is too young to let cry like that"  but I don't want to start WW3, she is very high strung and thrives on conflict.  What should I say?  Or just MYOB, which is fine but I feel like if you don't want people in your business don't put it on FB.

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MyasMommy463
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Poor baby.. I would have a hard time not saying something..... I would approach it as a teaching moment not a conflict moment.. talk about the CIO method and how it works well sometimes for older infants

imuney
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Thats a tough one since shes high strung. Write her a loving note on FB and just be gentle.

lilyrose73
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Quoting imuney:

Thats a tough one since shes high strung. Write her a loving note on FB and just be gentle.

See that's my problem.  I always come off as harsh, even when I'm trying not to be.  I don't have that gift like some people do lol

Champions find a way... Losers find an excuse

mereinhart28
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Write it down first so you can re-read it and see how it sounds. 

Quoting lilyrose73:

Quoting imuney:

See that's my problem.  I always come off as harsh, even when I'm trying not to be.  I don't have that gift like some people do lol

lilyrose73
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Quoting MyasMommy463:

Poor baby.. I would have a hard time not saying something..... I would approach it as a teaching moment not a conflict moment.. talk about the CIO method and how it works well sometimes for older infants

Maybe I should call her instead of responding on FB... also, there is a lot more to this story which is maybe why I'm upset at her.  The baby spent all last week at my mom's house because my sister was "sick" (but she was well enough to update FB all say long).  My mom said "it's hard to take care of a baby when you're sick"... no shit, welcome to motherhood!  My sis acts like she is the only one ever to have had a child... yes, I know she is learning so I'm trying not to judge but it's hard. 

Champions find a way... Losers find an excuse

GrippyBits2
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:18 AM

write it..post it here, and we will fix it so it sounds nice!

Tiff010209
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:19 AM

Yeah I would say call her don't message her and give her advice about what you did to get your babies to calm down. Explain that a baby at that age needs to feel like someone will be there when they cry. Best of luck

MommySteph06
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:19 AM

If there's one person you can be brutally honest with, it's your sister. At least that's how I am. I may watch what I say and how it comes out around other people, but not my sister. So I would tell her point blank: he's too young to cry it out. Go get him. He needs you. That's just me though. Me and my sister's relationship is like that.

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:20 AM

I like this idea

Quoting GrippyBits2:

write it..post it here, and we will fix it so it sounds nice!

I would say Sweetie hes to young for CIO to work. That only works with older babies and if you do it wrong bad things can happen. I love you and want to help can I buy the CIO book for you that will explain it all

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)