Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't want to go to the doctor, how about you ladies tell me what I want to hear.

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:18 AM
  • 9 Replies

LOL So two nights ago I fell asleep with my son (15 weeks old) tightly gripping my breast. All day yesterday it was sore as hell. I massaged it, nursed on that side, because it seemed to get hard, and it got a little better, but still hurt. Last night after dinner, suddenly I got a fever, just a slight one, but I was shivering and my joints were killing me. I figured I have some sort of breast infection and need to go to the doctor today. When I looked it up on line it said if you have any symptoms and are BF you should go in, but if you are not BF you do not have to go in if the fever and body aches subside with in a 48 hour period. So this morning I feel like I got the crap beat out of me, but my fever is gone and my joints don't hurt anymore. My breast doesn't hurt anymore......................so.......................do I still have to go to the doctor? Honestly the thought of lugging my two kids to the doc sounds exhausting. I'm allergic to a ton of antibiotics and this could just be huge waste of time. LOL I know I'm whining...................you guys want to tell me what I want to here? How about, "No I wouldn't go to the doctor, but if it gets any worse go right away."

You can just copy and paste if you would like. LMAO or you can tell me how you really feel, I guess.

Photobucket
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kodysmommy928
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:21 AM

Well here you go!

"No I wouldn't go to the doctor, but if it gets any worse go right away."

That really is what I would do though, even though I just copied and pasted what you wanted to hear.

nemiller
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:24 AM

I had the same issue when I was BFing.  I noticed that it would feel better when I nursed and decided that I'd go in if it wasn't getting better after a couple days.  Luckily, it was just a plugged duct and nursing is really the best way to fix that.  However, I know that other issues like mastitis really need to be diagnosed and treated by your doctor.

NickiNavarro
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:25 AM

Quoting nemiller:

I had the same issue when I was BFing.  I noticed that it would feel better when I nursed and decided that I'd go in if it wasn't getting better after a couple days.  Luckily, it was just a plugged duct and nursing is really the best way to fix that.  However, I know that other issues like mastitis really need to be diagnosed and treated by your doctor.

I have that concern too, but there is no puss or anything odd coming out of my breast and my fever is gone...........................LOL I'm being such a baby................lol

Photobucket
kr.shelby
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:28 AM

I got mastitis. I had a fever. I would sweat and then be freezing. Look for redness on your breast. All I did was call my doc tell her my symptoms and she faxed the Rx to my pharmacy. No going to the doctor's office with kids alone. It got better right away. Good luck, I hope you feel better.

NickiNavarro
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:31 AM

Quoting kr.shelby:

I got mastitis. I had a fever. I would sweat and then be freezing. Look for redness on your breast. All I did was call my doc tell her my symptoms and she faxed the Rx to my pharmacy. No going to the doctor's office with kids alone. It got better right away. Good luck, I hope you feel better.

Thanks! There is no redness or swelling.

Photobucket
jrsec.mom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:40 AM

BUMP!

NickiNavarro
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:42 AM

BUMP!

Daynaof3
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:43 AM

Keep nursing frequently, massaging and watch for that fever! If it comes back you NEED to go to the dr. asap. DO NOT LET IT GO, but as long as you are feeling better and no fever it's not a problem.

NickiNavarro
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:46 AM

WOOHOO! Okay thanks ladies. LOL I feel better now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)