Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What gift for my .....

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:10 AM
  • 6 Replies

This is the first year since dd was born that we are getting my parents anything for Christmas. They live on the other side of the Country, so we are shipping presents. I don't have a ton of money, but a little bit :) I got my mom a new coffee maker (bc the one that she has is just...eww) and I got my grandma (who lives with them) a pin, a tote bag for her knitting stuff and a coffee mug with pics of her great grandkids on it. But my DAD.....he's a big Chicago fan, but he's got like every single peice of sports team crap imaginable! He's not much of a reader, I'm not sure what dvd's he already has, he doesn't listen to cd's much, and he's over loaded on cologne...huff!! I just have no idea what to get him.

For those of you who ARE getting your dad something for Christmas, what are you getting? Maybe I'll get some ideas! TY in advance!

I'm a Pro-Choice, Vaxing, Semi-CoSleeping, Red Meat Eating, Non-CIO, Former BFing, Former Disposable Diapering, Organ Donating Mommy to the bestest little monkey ever! :)

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
GillyMarie
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:12 AM

i always get my dad clothes. he never shops for himself so the only time he gets clothes is when a holiday rolls around.

Beautiful__mama
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:13 AM
My dad is in to hunting and fishing the same as my dh so dh would would buy him a fishing pole or a gift card to dicks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thickmamaof2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:14 AM

sorry im no help. i got my dad a coffee mug with my kids on it to. heres a bump though..... oh wait maybe a tie with your dd on it

bebe_ju-rah
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Quoting GillyMarie:

i always get my dad clothes. he never shops for himself so the only time he gets clothes is when a holiday rolls around.

That's actually a really good idea!! I used to get him clothes every year, why didn't I think of that?? TY!!

carolina_gal
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:22 PM

He's getting a gas cooker from us.

chalisa0
by Kim on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:24 PM

I got my Dad a gps.  We always get fil candy, 'cause he loves it and he has everything else (although sil always gets him political commentary books-esp funny ones).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)