Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hypothyroidism

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:39 AM
  • 9 Replies

I just got blood drawn to test for hypothyroidism today...if you have this, what symptoms do you have?

What should I expect if I do have it?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
JADIEBUG
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:41 AM

Always tired.

Brittle hair and nails.

I had a patch of scaly, dry skin.

But everyone has different symptoms with it.

You will take thyroid replacement hormones daily for the rest of your life.

TheatreMom97
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:43 AM

I was diagnosed with that just this year.  I got tested because I noticed my hair was seeming thinner.  That's one symptom.  I also had dry skin (hands & feet), weight gain, feeling cold all the time, random aches & pains, mood swings & fatigue for no reason at all.  I was put on a thyroid medication & started supplementing my diet with Biotin and I'm much better now.  It takes a while though to feel better.  A couple of months at the very least.  Good luck to you!

glg505
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:43 AM

My 7 year old daughter was diagnosed 8 months ago. She was incredibly tired- she was sleeping from about 4:30 pm until 7:00 am and then falling asleep at school, dry, dull, brittle hair, dry skin, and depression where her prominent symptoms 

M3momma
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:46 AM

I had it with my last pregnancy and my OB was surprised that I was able to take care of my 2yr old.  My levels were so low.  I felt like someone had ran over me with a truck.  I continue to be tested and now am normal but still do not feel myself, (pre-pregnancy)

cindy82
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:46 AM
I'm getting mine checked at the first of the year. Changing insurance so it easier to wait. My family had a history and I feel quite a few symptoms so I will get it checked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psychic_mom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:41 AM

BUMP!

Joybeyondreason
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:42 AM

I had been having fainting spells and my menstrual cycles were really messed up so luckily my Gyn. checked for this and now that I am on my meds I am fine.  No problems to report.

Joybeyondreason
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:44 AM

I forgot this one... even with my meds I am still cold all the time! 

Quoting TheatreMom97:

I was diagnosed with that just this year.  I got tested because I noticed my hair was seeming thinner.  That's one symptom.  I also had dry skin (hands & feet), weight gain, feeling cold all the time, random aches & pains, mood swings & fatigue for no reason at all.  I was put on a thyroid medication & started supplementing my diet with Biotin and I'm much better now.  It takes a while though to feel better.  A couple of months at the very least.  Good luck to you!

psychic_mom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:41 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)