Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cradle Cap tips?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:41 AM
  • 21 Replies

So Believe it or not, I dont have any baby oil which is recommended for the removal of cradle cap. I was just checking out some sights and some moms say they used olive oil? Has anyone else tried this or any other tips for me?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:43 AM
For DD pedi suggested Head and Shoulders. Worked well, just be sure to keep out of eyes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chelebele05
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:44 AM

I've heard this too!

snoopy21276
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:45 AM

i just used veggie oil on my kids :)

Spawn_Love
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:45 AM

I used olive oil and kind of scratched at it gradually over the course of a few days. I never had the problem again.

mrs.pyle
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:46 AM

i use coconut oil instead because it is natures cure for eczema and an anti bacterial. olive oil will work but exfoliate gently first.

sugar_mom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:46 AM

Baby oil and baby lotion, or vasoline and comb it with a fine comb. if this doesn't work then i don't know whats wrong with your child.

A.Perry
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:47 AM

When mine were little, I took a very soft brush and"scrubbed" their little heads while I was washing them. The, I would use that baby oil gel. Since you don't have that, I would go with olive oil. Just rub it in good. It won't hurt your baby.

spcjones203
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Head and Shoulders, used VERY carefully to keep it out of baby eyes, and a toothbrush to scrub the head, cleared up Aiden's cradle cap in two days and kept it away. I used it twice a week once his cradle cap was gone.

damonkey92
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:51 AM
I put BM on DS's cradle cap and it worked very well!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chelebele05
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Ok, I think I'm gonna try it after she wakes up from her nap..It makes her blonde hair look reddish..its weird and its always flaking

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)