Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Pity Party

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:45 AM
  • 13 Replies

So, I'm sitting here watching a Christmas show with my daughter(4) and I just started bawling.  It makes me so sad, they were talking about how you have to be good for Santa to bring you gifts.  My daughter has been so good this year, especially lately she's been trying so hard because of Santa.  I just got layed off of work, and we were already in a tight spot before.  I missed the deadline for toys for tots because I thought I was going to be able to do it myself.  I'm just so heartbroken over it because she's going to be so sad when she realizes Santa didn't bring her anything, even though she's been so good.  I'm not asking for help or anything, I just needed to get it off of my chest, I can't vent to dh about it because he's just as depressed about the situation.  It just makes me so sad, I feel like such a failure as a parent.  Thanks for letting me vent.

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Ah Im sorry sweetie HUGS

mommy0815
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:47 AM
U know someone is going to tell u to get rid of internet and cable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IDGAF
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:49 AM

What's wrong with getting rid of stuff that's not really necessary? If I were in a tight spot those are the first things I would cut off.

Quoting mommy0815:

mommy22boyz357
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Call churches in your area, maybe there is somewhere close by that can help you out. Or see if you can watch someones kid for the weekend, put up an ad in the paper or something for babysitting. It'd be cool if you could put an ad like "will watch your kids while you do holiday shopping" I know a lot of moms who'd pay 15 or 20 bucks to drop their kid off for a couple hours while they shop. Even if you could make an extra 20 bucks, you could get her 4 or 5 neat gifts from the dollar store.

deek3579
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:50 AM
Yeah, but that's not going to get her extra money now.

Quoting mommy0815:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PookaboosMom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Yeah, I did actually though, before I even lost my job, rent movies from the library, and get internet from my super cool neighbor, even tried pawning my laptop, but they said 20$ because it's really old, and I figured I might as well keep it, I use the internet to look for jobs, which is easier to do here than at the library with a four year old.  Anyways, just wanted to vent, not get help or anything.

Quoting mommy0815:

PookaboosMom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:52 AM

That's a really good idea.  Thanks!!

Quoting mommy22boyz357:

Call churches in your area, maybe there is somewhere close by that can help you out. Or see if you can watch someones kid for the weekend, put up an ad in the paper or something for babysitting. It'd be cool if you could put an ad like "will watch your kids while you do holiday shopping" I know a lot of moms who'd pay 15 or 20 bucks to drop their kid off for a couple hours while they shop. Even if you could make an extra 20 bucks, you could get her 4 or 5 neat gifts from the dollar store.

PookaboosMom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Thanks

Quoting mamafor6:

Ah Im sorry sweetie HUGS

mommy22boyz357
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:55 AM

Try these websites, there's a good chance there is someone looking for a babysitter right now, so you can browse through people looking for a babysitter and put your availability up so if someone is looking they can see you're open. It's a neat website, especially if you live in a large area. Craigslist can be a good place too. Another idea is to sale or pawn something, we had to sell an extra old washer and dryer we had and got $175! Any old thing like scrap gold can bring in some $$$$.

http://www.sittercity.com/

http://www.care.com/

Quoting PookaboosMom:

Quoting mommy22boyz357:

PookaboosMom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:58 AM

Thanks So much, you're awesome

Quoting mommy22boyz357:

Try these websites, there's a good chance there is someone looking for a babysitter right now, so you can browse through people looking for a babysitter and put your availability up so if someone is looking they can see you're open. It's a neat website, especially if you live in a large area. Craigslist can be a good place too. Another idea is to sale or pawn something, we had to sell an extra old washer and dryer we had and got $175! Any old thing like scrap gold can bring in some $$$$.

http://www.sittercity.com/

http://www.care.com/

Quoting PookaboosMom:

Quoting mommy22boyz357:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)