Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ideas for slumber party games for 8, 11 yr old girls??

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:46 AM
  • 11 Replies

Ok mamas...  I need help!  I will have 8 girls in my house on Saturday night for a slumber party.  It's my daughter's 11th Birthday!  Usually I set her limit to 5 girls when its a sleep-over, somehow this year, we wound up with 8.  It was much easier when she was younger and we had afternoon parties and we played standard party games and kids won prizes.  But these girls are aged 10-12 and I dont think Pin the Tail on the Donkey in going to cut it this year. 

So far, all I have is... Light as a feather, Stiff as a Board (which is one of my favs from my own slumber party days) and I have American Idol Karoke for Wii. 

I cannot for the life of me remember some of the other games I played as a pre-teen at this kind of party. 

Any ideas... ?????

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shanni928
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Bump...  Nothing?  It's going to be a very long night without some cool games to play!  Help me out here ladies!!!!!

lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:16 AM

If you can afford to, go buy Just Dance 1 or 2 for the WII

kenziewenzie
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Do a spa night.  Mani's and pedi's. 

MamaJane

I did pedicures.  We had 9 I think when she was 11.  I got pans and tupperware containers out and we all sat in chairs in a circle and soaked are feet and then did a scrub. We then had all kinds of polish and nail stickers.

You can also get an assortment of beads and make necklaces. 

We always do make your own sundaes and have all kinds of toppings available.  You can even have a contest for the best sundae.

momma43789
ugh idk im in the same boat i will have 6 12 yr olds next weekend and idk what to do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Makeovers, Mani/Pedi's, Hair Styling

Have one girl blindfolded do the makeup on an unblindfolded girl and see who does best. Take pictures!

Let them use facial masks

Buy inexpensive pillowcases and permanent fine-tip markers. You'll also need a thick piece of cardboard to place in the middle of the pillowcases so the marker doesn't bleed through and ruin the other side. The kids can use the pillowcases for friend's autographs, and they can draw hearts, flowers, butterflies, rainbows, and anything else they can dream up.

Cookie decorating

Play Twister

Give them some privacy to talk about boys too LOL

serioussifL
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:19 AM

I second the idea of sundaes and spa night. You can make your own face masks to make it a little cheaper.

Shanni928
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:23 AM

We did get her "Wii Party" for her birthday so I thought maybe that would be something they could play but I cant really afford to buy more games.  I'm sure the dancing ones would be great fun, but I just cant swing that cost right now.  The mani/pedi idea sounds awesome!!!!!  Make-overs are always FUN...  I am liking the make-overs idea!

Any other ideas Mamas?

Shanni928
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Ice Cream Sundae's are fun, creative and yummy!  Thanks for that tip!

alwaysmom76
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:31 AM

We did a spin off of 'Pin the tail on the donkey'  My 10 y/o dd's party was Twilight themed...we did pin the kisses on Jacob.  I cut out hearts and they had to see who got it closest to his lips.  They had so much fun, they played several different times, each time they had to get it in a different place (eye, ear, nose, etc.)

We also had a dance off, kareoke (spelling??lol), oh, and they made their own mini pizzas :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)