Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's that time of year again. Time to write the parole letter. **Link to PETITION ADDED***

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:33 AM
  • 116 Replies

Here is a link to sign the petition to keep him in prison. Share it with EVERYBODY

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/_begleybehindbars_/

Thank you ladies for putting this idea out there. Yes we can legally do this!!!!!

I just checked the petition. We are in the triple digits! Many peolpe have sent the petition link all over the place. I can not believe the outpouring of response to this. Thank you everybody. Just knowing that random strangers are taking this on means so much to my family. Thank you just doesn't seem like a big enough phrase! You are all angels. You are making an 11 year olds life remain as normal as possible. For that I let tears of joy flow.

My daughter is a very special young lady. She is truly my hero. She is amazing and beautiful and bright. I wish all of you knew her in person. She is my light. The sons I have are so protective over her, yet somehow I think it's all of the bad men in this world that need protection from her! LOL

Add edit or give me more. I have to keep this sick ass in prison. 

You can google his name. David Begley Idaho. Here is my letter so far

RE: David Begley

This letter is hard to write. Each time we receive the notice of a parole hearing many emotions resurface. I try very hard to hide the letter from my daughter, but she found it.

My daughter is 11 years old now. She has overcome the fear, the anger, and the anguish of the horrible crime done to her. So I thought.

My daughter woke up several mornings in tears. She told me she had dreams of being killed and bad things happening to her. After one very long tear filed conversation she told me she found the letter in my purse. She is scared David Begley will be released and her life will be in turmoil all over again.

Please, my daughter needs to have as much of a normal life as we can provide. In 1st grade she had the most horrid of things happen to her at the hands of a man asking for freedom right now. David Begley sexually touched my daughter. FIRST GRADE! This is a young child who was just beginning to enjoy the world of reading, recess, and making lifetime childhood memories. David Begley took that away from her.

My daughter had to go through a year of special tutoring to keep her at grade level. From the test scores taken in grade 4, my daughter showed her brain basically got stuck in 1st grade. The psychologist asked if there was a traumatic event that would have prevented her brain from being able to move forward. Yes, yes there was. Ask the David Begley.

My daughter has been through so much because David Begley found it amusing and gratifying to violate her for his sick obsession. Releasing him would disrupt her life in so many ways. She is established in our town, she has friends, and she just started feeling safe walking the 4 blocks to school. I know without a doubt if he was to be released my daughter would live in fear all over again.

If David Begley was to be released life as we know it would end. I don't know if we would be able to keep her in this town. Moving away from here would be detrimental to her, keeping her here with him having no restricted access to her would destroy her. David Begley does not have to register as a sex offender! How do we guarantee safety to an 11 year girl when that safety is to be from the person that was trusted to care for her to begin with!

David Begley has spent a year and a half locked away in prison. He wants out. Why? So he can "accidentally" run into his victims? So he can torment their lives all over again? Our town is small; I know we will run into him. I know it will emotionally ruin my daughter all over again. A year and a half versus a lifetime of bad memories, emotional scars, and an innocence that can not be given back. A year and a half is NOTHING compared to what my child has been through and will continue to go through.

Please, my daughter needs a normal life. She needs to feel safe walking to school, she needs to be able to sleep at night without the nightmares, and she needs to be able to remain here without him. 

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aNzsMommy85
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:37 AM

I'm so sorry for what happened to your dd :( I hope the judge keeps that POS locked up forever bc that's what he deserves. Good Luck!!

Christy644
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:38 AM

From a recent conversation with our advocate, his own therapist is recommending he not get out until 2016. I sure hope that sticks. If not his sorry ass will be released back into our little town. 

I had to take a restraining order out on the wife because she was saying snide things when she would sub teach in my daughters school. I came unglued at the school district, got her fired and got the RO. 

I know without a doubt he will come after us. 

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:39 AM

I can't think of anything else to add, but I was literally in tears by the end of this.  No one, especially a child, should ever have to go through this.  You have my thoughts and prayers that this monster will stay behind bars.

babyfat5
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:44 AM

maybe you should inclue this in the letter too.

Quoting Christy644:

From a recent conversation with our advocate, his own therapist is recommending he not get out until 2016. I sure hope that sticks. If not his sorry ass will be released back into our little town. 

I had to take a restraining order out on the wife because she was saying snide things when she would sub teach in my daughters school. I came unglued at the school district, got her fired and got the RO. 

I know without a doubt he will come after us. 

MaryLu86
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:44 AM
I can't think of anything to add.. But why would he not have to register as a sex offender? just wondering..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:48 AM

:( How heartbreaking.

We need to gather together as mothers and fathers and somehow change the law for sex offenders and child molesters. They get off with basically nothing when the victim is tormented their entire lives.

Many people don't report it because they know they will be out walking the streets in a few short months.

It's absolutely sick.

I am so sorry your daughter had to be tormented by this "man" and I hope he serves his full sentence.

whitneyeliza08
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:49 AM
Praying for you and your daughter!!!! I cant even imagine the pain you both went through. That sick piece of s*** deserves to rot in jail!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaynesMommy07
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Quoting aNzsMommy85:

I'm so sorry for what happened to your dd :( I hope the judge keeps that POS locked up forever bc that's what he deserves. Good Luck!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southern_momof2
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:52 AM
I am so sorry your daughter has to go through this. Hopefully your letter will be heard. That sick fuck deserves to die in prison.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christy644
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:53 AM

You're gonna hate the answer!

He was found guilty thru grand jury. He hired an attorney. There were 3 other families involved with this. I was the one screaming hang him the entire way. 

So he asked for a jury trial to try to get it all dismissed. If it went to jury trial all the kids would have to testify on the stand against him. They would have to tell the events all over again to a room full of strangers.

My daughter was prepared but the other girls were emotional wrecks. 

The prosecutors called the other 2 families and offered a deal. He would take a guilty plea of felony injury to a child. 1 count. He would not have to register as an offender with that plea. 

The other 2 families said yes to keep the kids off the stand. When they called me with the offer I came unglued, hell no! But because the other 2 families already agreed majority ruled. 

He was sentenced to 10 years with 1 year fixed. He has already served that one year. We have to do everything we can to keep his ass locked up. 

Even the judge was not impressed with the plea deal. But it was already done. All the judge could do was put the punishment in. And boy did he!

Quoting MaryLu86:

I can't think of anything to add.. But why would he not have to register as a sex offender? just wondering..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)