Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some help on this one please

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:53 AM
  • 4 Replies

Well, my son was the easiest kid to put on a schedule. Now in the last 2 months he throws a fit and I mean a fit when I put him in his room. So when he'd get out of bed I'd put him back in there tuck him back in give him a kiss goodnight. It worked for a week. Then one night daddy laid with him and that did it, now I can't get him to sleep in there and I like to have 30 mins a day to myself meaning when they go to bed I stay up 30 mins and then I go to bed. Well thats not working anymore. I tried putting him back in his room over and over he refuses to sleep, I mean we will start at 8 o'clock and by 11:30 I'm so frustrated nothing is working and I'm not getting any sleep with him in my bed. Any advice would be nice.

P.S. i know this is my hubs fault, but he works 3rd shift sleeps first so he lets my son decide what he wants to do and I pay the price for it.

P.S.S. My son will be 3 in February

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ShellyDarlene
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:08 PM

my son turns 3 in Jan --- I put him in his room about 30 minutes before I want him to sleep with a few of his favorite toys to play with. I felt very uncomfortable though about closing the door on him and with it open he wont stay so I removed the door and fastened a baby gate in its place. He goes in his room and plays for awhile happily with his toys then pulls his blanket off his bed and plays on it for a few minutes before happily falling asleep. the routine took a few doys to get used to but it works great for us - he's sleeping through the night in his room and he normally doesnt cry about it. my hubby works 3 - midnight and some nights the dogs wake Mattey up when he gets home so he brings him a fresh sippy and a few cookies and has a light snack with him before he tucks him back in.   this works really well for us he's so cute because he wakes up about 30 minutes after I do and as I walk out of the bath room he says hey mame let me out - if he gets up before I get out I can hear him playin in his room. I feel so much safer knowing I can shower in the morning without worring he will be downstairs by himself. 

mamatocaleb
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:13 PM

thanks for the suggestion....Hubs would think I lost my damn mind if I tore the door off. Shower??Whats that like? LMAO... I either take mine at midnight or in the afternoon when hubs gets up.

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:19 PM

You need to be firm and consistent . . . when I was desperate and my kids were that age, I would lay down with them to get them to sleep - sometimes (usually) that would be the fastest way to get them asleep and buy myself some "mom" time.

Never, ever, ever let them get back up or come into your bed. 

Good luck!

ShellyDarlene
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Quoting mamatocaleb:

thanks for the suggestion....Hubs would think I lost my damn mind if I tore the door off. Shower??Whats that like? LMAO... I either take mine at midnight or in the afternoon when hubs gets up.

ITS AMAZING  lol (sorry) -- I did the door thing about 6 mos ago. my dh was VERY angry about it at first but he has adjusted because he knows how much better it makes me feel. I had forgotten how nice it felt to start my day that way

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)