Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some tips.

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:56 AM
  • 7 Replies

We are moving next month into an apartment that is considerably smaller than the one we're currently in. I need some organizing/space saving tips.

My husband has a lot of papers from work and I have all of my school books/binders hanging around. Then there's the girls' toys.

I would appreciate any tips on how to organize small spaces.

*If you don't have any, can you please bump this post? Thank you :)*

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cadeesmommy0120
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:57 AM

bUMP!

jen.mom.of.four
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:58 AM
Bump because I need some ideas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sagely
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:58 AM
-Shelley-
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:05 PM

Thanks, Sagely!

Bump!

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Get rid of everything not essential.

You can utilize under-the-bed storage for out of sight items.  Ikea has some really great shelving options - we're about to move, too, and I plan to buy some of those units you can use with baskets/bins to maximize bedroom storage.

Good luck! 

lalalandlady2
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:23 PM

there was an article in good housekeeping with jamie lee curtis..it had some good information about how to organize and how she does it.  she is super organized...you should google her and see if you can find anything.

Zombiatarian
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:29 PM

We got an important document box. We went through ALL of our paper work and sorted it into the most essential documents.

As for toys, we bought a toy box that fits in my daughter's room.  Whatever toys (aside from the big things) didn't fit in the toy chest we donated.  Once it got full again, we sorted out the toys that she no longer played with and donated them again.  Toys that she never played with took up most of our space.

We did get lucky and got an apt with a TON of closet space so I was also able to get rid of my enormous dresser. 

Stop calling it the Zombie Apocalypse.  It's the ZOMBIE REVOLUTION!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)