Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i feel so uncomfortable asking my OB this...(detailed)

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:29 PM
  • 4 Replies

when i was 9 weeks pregnant i spotted. but a week later i found out i hadnt actually spotted. when it first happened i was too scared to think about it, but it was really far to the front in my underwear. then it clicked-before i was pregnant, around the time i got my period, the hormones would make this tiny little pimple thing where my leg meets my torso and of course when it popped, it bled--i knew id seen blood in that same spot before!!! i guess the first trimester hormonal changes did the same thing.

anyways...at about 14 weeks i went to the bathroom and there was light pink blood, not alot at all. i decided if it happened anymore that night id go to the ER. i put toilet paper at the opening in my vagina and came back a bit later. there was bright red blood in my underwear...but nothing on the toilet paper..? i wasnt entirely sure if it had come from my vagina but i still went to the ER. they didnt do any ultrasounds or even a pelvic exam, just sent me home.

at 18 weeks i had my ultrasound and everything was fine. im now 19 weeks, and my boyfriends birthday is coming up so i wanted to...well..do something "special", im sure you know what i mean, since we havent done anything since i got pregnant..

idk how to ask my OB about this...what exactly should i ask her..?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Idiosyncratic
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:30 PM

just say " is sex allowed for me?"

bluejupalex
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:32 PM

You just say, "I've been having some bleeding that's concerning me.  I don't THINK it's vaginal bleeding, but I wanted to find out exactly what it is."  Trust me; OB/GYNs have heard it all.  This won't even make the needle quiver on their "weird" meter.  :-)

bebe_ju-rah
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Exactly what you just said. :) I used to spot after sex when pregnant and it freaked me out the first couple of times. My dr told me not to worry about it. I'm a bit confused as to where the blood is coming from...if it wasn't in the toilet paper, I would believe that it isn't coming from your hoo-ha, ya know? I would probably put a tampon in and take it out after a few minutes and see if there is blood on that. GL momma, I'm sure everything is fine!

MommyFlood
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I agree just say it like you did up there. They are professionals and trust me have dealt  with MUCH more embarressing problems. Try a panty liner, something that will stay in place and will give you a more accurate account if the blood is comming from your vagina, if it is you DEF need to say something. Is this your first baby? If it all, all of your modesty will go out the windom when it comes to delivery time, now can just be practice :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)