Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas shopping issues

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:42 PM
  • 10 Replies
Anybody else have a hard time saying enough?
Seriously, I've been done with my kids since Halloween. But in the past week I've bought toy story 3 on blue ray for ds (it was $20 on amazon and it was either spend $15 more or pay $8 for shipping on my dads gift so I figured it was basically $12).
Then we sold our old tv and we used the money to buy a udraw as a family gift.
And now I've been wanting to get ds a metal wagon forever and I just found one on diapers.com. It was marked down from $120 and then my mom ordered it so she could get the new customer discount. On top of that I wasn't going to order it but she offered to pay half so I spent $35 on a $120 wagon.
That is it! Good thing Christmas is coming soon...
And yes, I can afford this. We do not have debt and even with these extras we don't spend nearly as much as a lot of you mommies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.pyle
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:44 PM

im sorry hun, can you explain to me what you are trying to say? im having a hard time comprehending...

crazymama0286
eh we haven't bought a single gift for our kids yet. Dh just got a 700 dollar pay check today though so xmas shopping here we come! :) hoping to do it tomorrow while the kids are in school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
That I keep saying I'm done but then I buy more!

Quoting mrs.pyle:

im sorry hun, can you explain to me what you are trying to say? im having a hard time comprehending...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.rachel
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:45 PM

If I had more $$ I might buy more lol but we have one gift each for now.

ShakeItDown
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Umm...okay? 

littlejjsmommy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:51 PM
I feel you there, I have said I'm done but then I get to the store and think " oh this is cute" ad get it...... DH says he is going to the store form now on so I don't do any more shopping but I know he is joking
JasonsMom2007
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Exactly!  And I'm a sucker for a good deal.  I have no desire to buy him any more full price stuff but things like this wagon, I just can't pass it up!

Quoting littlejjsmommy:

I feel you there, I have said I'm done but then I get to the store and think " oh this is cute" ad get it...... DH says he is going to the store form now on so I don't do any more shopping but I know he is joking

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

chalisa0
by Kim on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:01 PM

I also cannot pass up a bargain.  My DD (17yo) knows she can get almost anything out of me if the price is good-esp. really good.  I bought a ton of clothes on Black Friday for both of us (not even for Christmas presents!-egads).

kiernansmom08
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:06 PM

LOL we're doing the same thing.  We've been shopping all year, but we keep finding "one more thing". 

JasonsMom2007
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:10 PM

So glad to know I'm not alone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)