Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tampa Bay or Orlando?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:43 PM
  • 19 Replies

My husband may have an opportunity to relocate through his company and he is told his chances of getting the job in either of these places is looking pretty good. For those of you who know Florida well, what do you think is better- Tampa Bay (Clearwater to be exact) or Orlando? Why?

I would be thrilled to move to either place because I'm from Texas and enjoy the heat. I'm in New York now and I loathe the cold weather and snow

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kodysmommy928
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:47 PM

I live in Polk County, it is about 35 mins to Orlando and an 90 mins to Clearwater.  Have you checked out housing costs?  Clearwater is nice but the traffic sucks.  Some parts of Orlando are really great but others not so much.  I have commuted to jobs in both areas so if you have any questions I would be happy to try and answer them for you.

PookaboosMom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:48 PM

They are both great areas...I just moved away from there!! :(

lilyrose73
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:49 PM

I live on the border of Palm Harbor and Clearwater... it's nice here.  Were you looking to rent or buy?  I have only visited Orlando so I can't comment on that. 

melissa632
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:50 PM
Clearwater!!! Orlando is just an overcrowded city with nothing to do. I was never bored when I lived in the St. Pete/Clearwater area. Plus, the beaches are right there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Spawn_Love
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:53 PM

We would be renting. Is there an abundance of decent rentals there?

Quoting lilyrose73:

I live on the border of Palm Harbor and Clearwater... it's nice here.  Were you looking to rent or buy?  I have only visited Orlando so I can't comment on that. 

Spawn_Love
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:54 PM

I know, I almost started salivating when I mapquested it and realized that it wat right there on the water. How are the beaches? Clean? Blue water?

Quoting melissa632:

Clearwater!!! Orlando is just an overcrowded city with nothing to do. I was never bored when I lived in the St. Pete/Clearwater area. Plus, the beaches are right there.

debbie26
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:55 PM

I just moved from clear-water to tampa i have always been here in Tampa but being by the water is amazing Orlando is too pack to me and expensive cause its a tourist place n stuff but its nice dont get me wrong but i like it down south here more.......

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:56 PM
We are huge Disney fans so I would have to say Orlando.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Forever-Young
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:56 PM
I was born and raised in tampa (brandon) about 30 min away from clearwater, and i just moved to orlando a few months ago. orlando is big..where at in orl? they are both good citys..orlando is much much busyier..but if its near deltona deland lake mary or altomante..move here lol. but i love my hometown!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
debbie26
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Quoting Spawn_Love:

I know, I almost started salivating when I mapquested it and realized that it wat right there on the water. How are the beaches? Clean? Blue water?

Quoting melissa632:

Umm soemwhat blue water depends where you go Anna maria island is beautiful you just have to find a nice spot..... Ft desoto is nice in certain spots but they have like 4 beaches and you can be pretty close to the skyway its beautiful.. and it was like a 25min drive too for us

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)