Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

his boss has to be f'in insane!

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:56 PM
  • 26 Replies

Hubby works on mining and construction equipment sometimes he has to go out to a mine about 3 hours from here to help the shop out there. well the 2 guys from that shop got kicked out of the mine because they are dumb asses so his boss says "we might have to work out a schedule maybe 90 day rotations" UMM NO!!! there is no way in hell my husband is going to work away from home for 90 days at a time!! a week here and there is ok but they have to be nuts to think their mechanics are going to live out in the middle of no where for 90 days at a time. While my husband is not one to really speak his mind his friend is the opposite he told his boss flat out "if you decide to do that you are going to loose at least 2 of your mechanics" his boss responded "well we gotta do what we gotta do" hubs friend said "if you went home right now and told YOUR wife you have to go out of town for 3 months and May be home every other weekend how would that go over" he got the mumbled "she wouldn't like it" and his friend said "now add 5 kids to that. We both know enough people to get hired right away somewhere else"  (i could kiss the guy!) now the boss is saying maybe a week or 2 at a time.(he knows he cant afford to lose his 2 best guys) Hubby said that would be ok if it where every 6 weeks or so and he would be coming home on the weekends. I know it saves the company money for them to not drive home every night but DAMN because the other guys screwed up the other shop gets screwed?

I talked to hubby about it more last night and he said even though he would hate it he was already offered a job at a battery recycling plant when he went to work on one of their machines a a mechanic and he would rather hate his job then hate his life. I'm glad we are on the same page here because I didn't sign up to be a single mom for half the darn year. While I don't want him working at a job he hates (been there done that) I also want him to be around .

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:02 PM
I wouldn't be happy either but I'd be glad he has a job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:06 PM

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I wouldn't be happy either but I'd be glad he has a job.

I'm glad he has a job and he wouldnt quit with no where else to go but in his line of work if your a good mechanic it's pretty easy to get another job he got laid off 2 years agon and had another job in less than 2 weeks.then 9 months later got hired back at the job he got laid off from I'm not going to have a hubby thats gone all the time when I know he can get another job and be home everynight

marmie41
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:10 PM

My father's job, at times, required him to be for 6 months at a time, home for a month and then gone again for another 6 months.  Yes it was hard on my mom and my sister and I.  But we also knew it was much harder for him.  We knew that he was making this sacrifice for us, so we always made sure we didn't complain or make thing more difficult for him.  He was doing what he knew he needed to do in order for my mom to stay home. 

My dad truely enjoyed his work, but hated being gone.  My mother respected what dad was doing and never ever made him feel guilty about the choice he made because she knew it was for his family.

CallMeKITTYD
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:13 PM

hey thats awesome thinking.. hate work instead of life.. stay with the man he knows whats up.  lol good luck!

LCWAmommy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Quoting marmie41:

My father's job, at times, required him to be for 6 months at a time, home for a month and then gone again for another 6 months.  Yes it was hard on my mom and my sister and I.  But we also knew it was much harder for him.  We knew that he was making this sacrifice for us, so we always made sure we didn't complain or make thing more difficult for him.  He was doing what he knew he needed to do in order for my mom to stay home. 

My dad truely enjoyed his work, but hated being gone.  My mother respected what dad was doing and never ever made him feel guilty about the choice he made because she knew it was for his family.

thats hard but my husband already made it clear to his boss that that would not be happening I can not be stuck home with no car for 3 months at a time we cant afford another car and he doesn not want to live out of a hotel eating out for 3 meals a day for months at a time.

LCWAmommy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Quoting CallMeKITTYD:

hey thats awesome thinking.. hate work instead of life.. stay with the man he knows whats up.  lol good luck!

yup! he truly hates being away from home one can only eat at the 2 resturants in the town he stays in (it's a mining town not much to do) and watch tv alone in a hotel room for so long

marmie41
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:30 PM

That is understandable, mom was not in that position.  Dad's company flew him to and from work.  I would think the company would provide your dh with a vehicle to drive if he was going to be gone that long and that distance.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Quoting marmie41:

thats hard but my husband already made it clear to his boss that that would not be happening I can not be stuck home with no car for 3 months at a time we cant afford another car and he doesn not want to live out of a hotel eating out for 3 meals a day for months at a time.

marmie41
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:32 PM

I just re-read my first reply to you, and I must say it did come across and snarky or catty.  That was not my intent.  Sorry about that. im sorry

MDJennyJen
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:32 PM
Lol, that's exactly what my husband has been doing for the past 7 months. He works 6 (a lot of time 7) days a week and puts in anywhere from 12-20 hours a day, but he loves it. Sure we miss him around here and he misses us but he loves his job and takes pride in being able to take care of us as well as he does. It works really well for us. But if I was in your situation (only having one vehicle) I wouldn't like it either!! I hope ya'll can figure something out that will work for your family.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Quoting CallMeKITTYD:

yup! he truly hates being away from home one can only eat at the 2 resturants in the town he stays in (it's a mining town not much to do) and watch tv alone in a hotel room for so long

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamatocaleb
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Personally if my husband HAD to do something like that we would move closer to his work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)