Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i just got told to get a job...

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:13 PM
  • 44 Replies

yep.. hahaha.. i said somethign about how my hubby had 2 weeks off in a row (one his truck broke down the other was thanksgiving the mill was closed) and he got a overwieght ticket the next week he worked. and now i dont feel it would be smart to spend $200 on a party for my sons bday.. he will still have a party.. the same people invited... just not a happy joes (like a small chuckie cheese) and she said maybe you shoudl get a job!!! really.. so we have a bad 3 weeks that with him outta work and the ticket set us back 5000.. it happens we own a truck.. at the end of the month all of our bills will be paid and we will have money left.. just not as much as i thought.. not a big deal.. i was actually laughing about it and how hubbys acting like its the end of the world adn it isnt..

anyways i explained after paying daycare and gas its not worth it for us. since we can survive with no assistance easily with only his income. for me to be away from the home to not make shit for money.. seh said its the only way to get ahead in the world.. really?? i could get rid of my smart phone cut back our sat from every single channel and end up more ahead then gettign a job..

then she said there is a lady in the trailer court that watches kids for 2 bucks a hour.. and how i have to high of expectations cuz i explained how it wouldnt be benifical for my son to go to daycare in a 2 bedroom trailer with 8 kids.. 4 are hers and 4 she watches..

i plan on going back to work part time when my son goes to school.. which is next fall.. i mean if we were struggling yes i would do whatever it took. but we arent.. sure with the economy we had to make cut backs.. but we are managing fine..

what the hell is wrong with people now a days that they think people shouldnt be stay at home moms???

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imuney
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:28 PM

If 5000 is a setback then maybe a job isnt a bad idea

kristy0833
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:38 PM

lol we own a SEMI! one time his motor blew and it set us back 20,000.. we still could pay our bills but it was still a set back.. LOL in a business you always have "set backs"

Quoting imuney:

pinkrayn
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:47 PM

yeah 5k isn't much when  you own your own rig... we own our own rig and about 5 years ago we had to get a loan to pay for a new tranny all is paid off ( house and truck) but yeah it was a set back for awhile.

but yeah if he's able to take care of his family without worry then no i don't think you should have to get a job..... oh and who is SHE? you kept saying she but didn't specify i assume mil and if thats the case well she needs to keep her nose out of your marriage and income. unless she's paying for it.

beerebelly
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:49 PM

who is she?

imuney
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Yeah. I own a business and if youre set so far back that you now have to question a 200 dollar bday party...well.

Quoting kristy0833:

lol we own a SEMI! one time his motor blew and it set us back 20,000.. we still could pay our bills but it was still a set back.. LOL in a business you always have "set backs"

Quoting imuney:

kristy0833
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:53 PM

LOL she is my newly pregnant cousin..

Quoting pinkrayn:

yeah 5k isn't much when  you own your own rig... we own our own rig and about 5 years ago we had to get a loan to pay for a new tranny all is paid off ( house and truck) but yeah it was a set back for awhile.

but yeah if he's able to take care of his family without worry then no i don't think you should have to get a job..... oh and who is SHE? you kept saying she but didn't specify i assume mil and if thats the case well she needs to keep her nose out of your marriage and income. unless she's paying for it.

kristy0833
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:53 PM

we could still do the party.. i jsut dont think its smart at this time with taxes coming due

Quoting imuney:

Yeah. I own a business and if youre set so far back that you now have to question a 200 dollar bday party...well.

Quoting kristy0833:

Quoting imuney:

-xoxo-
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:54 PM

I haven't met a single person in real life (not saying that you CM ladies are chopped liver, but you know what I mean lol) that likes me being a sahm. It's not the norm in my area and I am criticized for my decision constantly. My dh and I decided this together yet he has co-workers coming up to him and telling him that I need to work, that I'm lazy and just using him. Strangers, friends, his family members....they all have said something. His mom and brother despise me for being a sahm. I don't know what the hell is wrong with people now-a-days :( 

trist22
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:54 PM

true... My father in law owns 18 of them! They are costly and there is ups and downs but he has done quite well for himself!

Quoting kristy0833:

Quoting imuney:

Gecko85
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:56 PM

My BFF used to give me that crap. I wrote her a really long letter explaining that I like my life the way it is and that I am happy being a "weird hippy" (the job thing is not the only thing she was driving me batshit about). She is super supportive now and even researched some of the things she used to think were weird.

I am a...

Cloth diapering, Breast Feeding, Selective Vaxxing, Co-sleeping, ERF to the MAX, non-CIO, Wiccan, Gay Rights Supporting, Outdoorsy, Crafty, Animal loving,  Girl Scout Supporting, College Educated, Army Wife, Other culture absorbing, liberal, SAHM, to one beautiful baby girl.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)