Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you think this was wrong of me?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:22 PM
  • 12 Replies

Ok my grandma offered to watch 3 of my children when i go to the ob...  Well my grandma has a problem walking or getting up and chasing them.  And the youngest of the 3 gets into everything!!! Shes 3.  Well i called my mom to see if she could go help her and i didnt want to tell my grandma no "didnt want to hurt her feelings" Do you think i will hurt her feelings by asking my mom to come help?   I just dont want to overwork her

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kikibix
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:25 PM

It's a potential safety issue for your kids and for grandma if she cannot easily walk, I don't think you did anything wrong by asking your Mom to come too.  The more adults, the more one on one time the kids get to do stuff with them.

Dork4Fish
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:25 PM

no that was sweet to think of her like that..

pinkrayn
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:36 PM

have your mom go as an " i wanna spend time with my grandkids" moment...... but if she can go help her mother why won't she jsut watch them herself?

Restless-Sinner
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:39 PM
I dont think so..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WhitleyLyles
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:40 PM

it depends on how your grandma views her health. If she thinks she can doit then shemight be upset. Also it depends on how you tell her that you asked your mom to go over there. Maybeyou can phrase it like "mom is going to stop by for a while to see the babies. Something like that.

karamomof5
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:42 PM

My grandma wanted to spend time with the kids. We live about a hour away so its hard for me to get over there alot like i would like too.

Quoting pinkrayn:

have your mom go as an " i wanna spend time with my grandkids" moment...... but if she can go help her mother why won't she jsut watch them herself?

thatgirl70
by Carin on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:52 PM

My child's safety and well-being trumps anyone's feelings. No, I don't think it was wrong for you to ask your mom to check in. If there's any worry of hurt feelings though, you could always have your mother say she just stopped by because she wanted to see her mother and her grandkids together.

beerebelly
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:55 PM

My MIL has ms.  She cannot chase after a kid that might run into the road for example.  However when she sits for me she has a baby gate and keeps the kids inside and makes provisions for them while they are there so they are safe.  Some moms are handicapped, and they raise their kids just fine.  If the set-up is safe then why not.

dusky_rose
by Sue on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Sounds like a good idea to me, but I don't know if grandma will be offended by it. Maybe your mom can come up with a another reason why she stopped by. Taking pictures of 4 generations comes to mind, grandma, your mom, you and your children... do you have a camera with a timer setting?

Click above to join Motivate to Get in Shape!

emmiesmommy1113
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Quoting kikibix:

It's a potential safety issue for your kids and for grandma if she cannot easily walk, I don't think you did anything wrong by asking your Mom to come too.  The more adults, the more one on one time the kids get to do stuff with them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)