Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DDs Bday Party VENT!

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:26 PM
  • 29 Replies
So dds bday party is the 19th and I am getting soooo ticked at DHs family... ok... DHs brother isn't coming because they are limiting their travels to every other weekend and since the party is the weekend before Christmas and they are traveling Christmas they are going to miss their nieces bday party.
DHs sister isn't going to come because her and their (sil and dh) dad are fighting and she doesn't want to see him....

UGH!!!!!!! So now my DD has to have less guests at her party because of dumb effin reasons... UGH!!!!!!!

Well I guess its less food I have to make...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deek3579
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:49 PM
Bump..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:05 PM

i agree that your dhs sisters reason is stupid but i can understand your dhs brothers reasoning 

christina0607
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:07 PM

The weekend before xmas is a very busy weekend. I'm actually not surprised that people are finding reasons not to attend a bday party.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:09 PM
Some families stink!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1boy1girlmama
by *Sarcasm Speaks* on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Yeah my birthday is Dec. 23rd, so I understand. Honestly, that's a really bad weekend to have a party. Everybody is busy doing last minute things. Trust me, I've delt with this my whole life. Maybe next year you can have her birthday earlier in the month. I was *suppose* to be born on the 12th of Dec. so my mom always did my party like the first or second week of Dec. so people could come and not bail out b/c of holiday obligations. Then on my actual birthday my immediate family and I would have cake and ice cream. It worked out great for me, just something to think about.

Your SIL's reason for not coming is stupid, your BIL, I think is understandable. 

gulfcoastmom4
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:12 PM

shouldn't you invite her...I dunno. friends to her birthday party? But I agree with the other poste having a birthday right before Christmas is kinda dumb.

deek3579
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:15 PM
Ummm thanks for your smartass comment but she's turning 3... she doesn't exactly have "friends"....

Quoting gulfcoastmom4:

shouldn't you invite her...I dunno. friends to her birthday party? But I agree with the other poste having a birthday right before Christmas is kinda dumb.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deek3579
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:17 PM
Oh and I had her 1st and 2nd party the same weekend before and everyone came...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:18 PM

My son is the 28th. We always wait until January.

Quoting 1boy1girlmama:

Yeah my birthday is Dec. 23rd, so I understand. Honestly, that's a really bad weekend to have a party. Everybody is busy doing last minute things. Trust me, I've delt with this my whole life. Maybe next year you can have her birthday earlier in the month. I was *suppose* to be born on the 12th of Dec. so my mom always did my party like the first or second week of Dec. so people could come and not bail out b/c of holiday obligations. Then on my actual birthday my immediate family and I would have cake and ice cream. It worked out great for me, just something to think about.

Your SIL's reason for not coming is stupid, your BIL, I think is understandable. 

deek3579
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:21 PM
Hers is the 21st and like I said before I've had it the same weekend before and when I told everyone the day of her party back in August during my sons party, everyone said thet they'd be at hers too.

Quoting christina0607:

My son is the 28th. We always wait until January.

Quoting 1boy1girlmama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)