Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello in there...customer service vent!

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:36 PM
  • 28 Replies

First off, I will say, yes, I know that McDonald's is not known for there service, but at least say SOMETHING.  One guy took our order at the box and another person, a female, was at the window to take the money.  She opened the window and stuck out her hand.  She did not say hello, she did not repeat the total, she did not say thank you after she took my money, she did not tell me how much my change was or count it back to me, she did not say you're welcome after I thanked her for my change.  Seriously, why bother being in customer service if you're not even going to open your mouth and acknowledge your customers???

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rocker.Mom.07
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Maybe she didn't speak English? lol Don't know, I hate that crap.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:39 PM
Not acceptable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TygerLily62
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:41 PM

Not ok. But it is McDonalds... I tend not to expect a whole hell of a lot there. Usually I'm pretty happy if my food is right. I had the same thing happen as Starbucks... I was pretty pissed that time...

mamaoftwins9197
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Oh, she spoke English, she was busy speaking to someone else in the headset or on the phone or around the corner where I couldn't see.

Quoting Rocker.Mom.07:

Maybe she didn't speak English? lol Don't know, I hate that crap.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

mamaoftwins9197
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:45 PM

I think it also has a lot to do with the lazy crap attitude that a lot of teens and twenty-somethings have these days.  I worked at McDonald's when I was in high school.  It was still McDonald's, nothing has changed about the establishment, but it was also a job and I was taught that you conduct yourself professionally at work, regardless of whether that's at McDonald's or the frickin' White House.  It drives me CRAZY!!!  I'm a stickler for good customer service...I mean, that is their job...LOL.

Quoting TygerLily62:

Not ok. But it is McDonalds... I tend not to expect a whole hell of a lot there. Usually I'm pretty happy if my food is right. I had the same thing happen as Starbucks... I was pretty pissed that time...

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

.MommyEast.
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:45 PM

she's probably pissed that she works at Mcdonald's lmao. Let her be..

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:45 PM

I wouldn't get my panties in a knot over that. Sometimes they don't say much to me, but it's because they are usually taking someone else's order on the headset. If they messed up that person's order then they would probably come on CM and complain about how fast food restaurants never get their order right. *shrugs*

dani-doll
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:48 PM

McDonalds or not, you should not have to deal with rude people.

ZanderandBella
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:51 PM

I worked at McDonalds. ..Those headsets are not used for just chatting (normally). It was how I was notified. I was told about orders and even though someone else may be taking the order, she could be punching it in to the computer. I am in no way saying that she was right or wrong, just that it is very difficult to talk to someone when your being told something over the headset. You have lots of multi tasking that you have to do at that job.

mamaoftwins9197
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:58 PM

I know, I worked at McDonald's when I was in high school.  We had standards and things that we were supposed to do.  Like, greet each customer.  You weren't supposed to try and address more than one at a time.  You ask the person at the box you'll be right with them and greet the person at the window or vice-versa. 

Quoting ZanderandBella:

I worked at McDonalds. ..Those headsets are not used for just chatting (normally). It was how I was notified. I was told about orders and even though someone else may be taking the order, she could be punching it in to the computer. I am in no way saying that she was right or wrong, just that it is very difficult to talk to someone when your being told something over the headset. You have lots of multi tasking that you have to do at that job.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)