Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grocery Store meltdown..

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:50 PM
  • 15 Replies

Today i had to run to the grocery for a few items. I saw this mom earlier but thought nothing of her..she had 3  kids (was really 4 but you'll see why i missed it at first) and was shopping. Well i had went to the meat section to get some meat..when i saw her again. Well one of her kids said something which caught the lady stocking the meat's attention..and next thing i know this meat lady is telling the mom to not allow the boy to ride there. So i glance..and the boy is riding underneath the cart. Well the mom just stood there not sure what to do i guess when the meat lady said ma'am that is dangerous you really have to move him, his fingers could get stuck in the wheels. At this point a lot of people are drawn to it and catch a glimpse of what is going on. I felt bad so i went on my way. Which so did the mom..she hurried out of there quickly too. Well i go down the milk ilse then down the egg and see her again..but she is crying her eyes out. I guess she was embarrassed..i didn't say anything to her but i feel bad for not. I mean the poor lady had 4 kids who looked to be under 4 or 5 and a cartful of groceries and since this was a commissary its likely her DH is probably deployed or at work or something.

So i felt bad for the lady. The meat stocker was so loud about it it was hard not to look. I mean i can understand her concern but i feel yelling it and drawing attention to her was just in poor choice.

Poor mama.

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rhyne
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:52 PM
People should mind their own business. I used to ride underneath the cart and I still see kids under there. I feel horrible for that mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy259
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:52 PM

That poor lady :( My DD will sometimes get in the bottom of the cart never because I make her or put her there but sometimes because she likes to sit there!!! (there is only at our local store I would never let her at one of the big stores)

mrs.pyle
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:54 PM

i would have consoled her, thats so sad.

spunky946
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:54 PM

My dd likes to ride under there.  My kid, my problem.  I would have told that woman off. 

mna_823

poor woman.  i agree with the meat stocker, but she didn't have to embarrass the woman.

stefvan

The employees might be instructed to tell people that.  Too bad she wasn't more discreet.

katiebuggs2003

Quoting mommy259:

That poor lady :( My DD will sometimes get in the bottom of the cart never because I make her or put her there but sometimes because she likes to sit there!!! (there is only at our local store I would never let her at one of the big stores)

honestly the boy looked like he was having a lot of fun under there! And i have had my daughter ride there when she was little.

I felt so bad for the mama when i saw her crying looking at eggs. I wanted to tell her to not pay attention to mean grinchy bitch but i didn't..i just went on my way.

tharealty2

I don't think it is a good idea but I don't think the stock person had a right to say something.  I remember one time I was getting my hair done and some one had a kid in the basket UNDERNEATH THE STROLLER. Now that, that was just strange.

TygerLily62
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:56 PM

That poor lady. I think I would have tried to console her. She must have been so stressed.

katiebuggs2003
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Quoting mrs.pyle:

i would have consoled her, thats so sad.

I wanted to..i kept going back and forth in my head with going over and telling her i'm sorry and asking if she needed any help..but i chose to just leave her alone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)