Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what else is going to go wrong :( (vent)

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:59 PM
  • 11 Replies
I made another post about my dog. He is a six year old miniature daschund. Sunday night he started throwing up, having diarrhea and wasn't eating. We waited it out til yesterday hoping he would get better. Thought maybe he just ate something that didn't agree with him. We took him to the vet. The said he was very dehydrated and needed IV fluids. Also that he would need an xray and blood work to find out what was causing his symptoms. I got a call from the vet today saying he needs surgery. He has an obstruction in his lower part of his stomach. They said without the surgery he more than likely would wouldn't get much better. He would basically continue to throw up and have diarrhea. He would become dehydrated and eventually his body would start shutting down. We can't afford surgery and I don't want to take him home to watch him suffer and eventually pass on. I thought things couldn't get any worse and they did. Found out the heating element on the dryer is out. Then hubby calls me up and informed me they cut out christmas bonuses this year at work. My 5 year old son walks up to me after I hung up the phone with dh and say's," mommy I'm sad cause I miss simon cause I really love him." He had this really sad look on his face. I looked at him and said," I know buddy I miss him to." I started to cry a little because what he said broke my heart. MERRY CHRISTMAS to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jrsec.mom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:00 PM

hugs

Smcclellan7080
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:01 PM

I am so sorry. Hugs.

mamatocaleb
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:04 PM

I'm so not pregnant but I literally just shed a tear about your little boy. Talk to your vet and see if you can get a payment plan for the surgery. Tell them the truth people will work with you more if you tell them the truth.

Kageegirl
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:06 PM
I tried talking with them about payment options and they said only thing we could do was apply for their credit care plan. We did and got denied.

Quoting mamatocaleb:

I'm so not pregnant but I literally just shed a tear about your little boy. Talk to your vet and see if you can get a payment plan for the surgery. Tell them the truth people will work with you more if you tell them the truth.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
insanemomof4
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:09 PM
Aww reading that just made me tear up. Not only did ur post make me think about my 2 dogs that passed away last yr. But also that ur lil doggie is a mini hot dog dog and my mom has 1 mini red daschund but she also had a mini red that had seziures and died. She was heartbroken god bless you and your family as u go thru this hard time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaynas_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Hugs, things are really crappy for us right now too. What about a loan through a bank, or a company who will do one for people with bad credit?

Kageegirl
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:12 PM
We don't have bad credit. The thing that is preventing us from getting a loan is we don't make enough money.

Quoting Shaynas_Mommy:

Hugs, things are really crappy for us right now too. What about a loan through a bank, or a company who will do one for people with bad credit?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kittrick
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:15 PM

hugs 

.kk.
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:18 PM
I'm really sorry,mama. I would put the doggy down :( *hugs* So sorry about all of your other probs
RaynesMommy07
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:20 PM

Quoting kittrick:

hugs 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)