Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For working Mothers......

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:00 PM
  • 15 Replies

do any of you have to work Christmas Day? I do i work christmas eve from 8am-noon and christmas day from 9:30am-6:30pm. kind of sucks i dont care about working on the 24th, but we always have a huge christmas party on christmas day.

Just wondering how many other mama's out there have to work this day also

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Not anymore thank goodness!

ktwister
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:02 PM

That sucks.

I have a four day weekend for Christmas.

Mmmanduh
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:03 PM

I have to work Christmas Eve, but thank goodness we are closed on Christmas day

christina0607
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:03 PM

No way! Sorry you have to.

I am supposed to work on the 24th, but I have too much to do that way so I plan to get out of it, lol.

raegansmom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Not for my real job (I'm a REALTOR) but I took a seasonal job at Toys R US & I will probably have to work Christmas Eve, not Christmas day.

AMsMommy212
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:05 PM

No, we get Christmas Day off every year, but I'll be working Christmas Eve as well

AprilH06
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:06 PM

We are open on the 24th but my boss keeps talking about closing early. No work on the 25th but probably on the 26th.

quellhorst
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:07 PM

I get Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off. I do an in home daycare and these are holidays I ask for off. Although this year I would get Christmas Day off since it is a Saturday.

DviousMaskerade

I'm not sure, don't know my schedule for that week yet. Most likely I will be though. I work 3rd shift though so I'll be able to spend the day at home with my family, even if I will be tired!! 

lv.42.dy

Nope. I get my holidays off or they pay me big time to work them. I have to work until noon on the 24th and then i'm off until the 29th.

I have many co workers who do and they plan on being *cough, cough* sick. But, I don't think that's such a great idea because they probably won't have a job anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)