Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do you put your whole life on Facebook and then tell people to butt out???

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:31 PM
  • 18 Replies

My sister keeps putting these cryptic pissed off I want to end it all statuses on Facebook, but then whenever anyone (ie. me or close friends) ask her what's wrong, she says "not now" or "I don't want to talk about it" or whatever.  If you don't want anyone to know what's going on...stop putting it all over the effin' Internet!!!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nanny411
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:36 PM

for some placing such posts is a cry for help if you will, others do it because they are attention seekers, there are a variety of reasons that people post what they do on Facebook or Myspace or Twitter, ect... what would her response be if you asked her why she makes such posts if she doesn't want to talk about it?  On some level she does and also what is the age of your sister?

p.b.
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:45 PM

I block people who put those posts up, it annoys me to no end when someone writes "I don't like the news I just got"  or "We're so excited about what just happened to us"  

They must do it so others will ask what happened, otherwise they wouldn't be cryptic.  AAAHHHH SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!

mamaoftwins9197
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:50 PM

I guess it's her way of venting.  She's 24.

Quoting Nanny411:

for some placing such posts is a cry for help if you will, others do it because they are attention seekers, there are a variety of reasons that people post what they do on Facebook or Myspace or Twitter, ect... what would her response be if you asked her why she makes such posts if she doesn't want to talk about it?  On some level she does and also what is the age of your sister?

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

mamaoftwins9197
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:51 PM

My thought is tell it all or don't say anything.  And at the very least, don't get pissed off if you put something up and someone asks for more details.  Hey, I wouldn't have asked if you hadn't put that status...LOL.

Quoting p.b.:

I block people who put those posts up, it annoys me to no end when someone writes "I don't like the news I just got"  or "We're so excited about what just happened to us"  

They must do it so others will ask what happened, otherwise they wouldn't be cryptic.  AAAHHHH SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

2gud2btrue
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:51 PM

i would guess that her posts are actually intended for someone on her facebook...and that person probably knows exactly what she is referring to.

IleanRight
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:52 PM

I agree

jeni0323
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:53 PM
Ugh I know what you mean!!! I hate that!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaoftwins9197

Well,, then, write it on that person's wall or send them a message...don't make it your status...LOL.

Quoting 2gud2btrue:

i would guess that her posts are actually intended for someone on her facebook...and that person probably knows exactly what she is referring to.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

mrs.pyle

i only have six people on my facebook partially for this reason. it gets old.

bananahammock1
I HATE when people put that shit on FB.. I also hate when people put their every move on FB.. Yeah, I dont care that you just took a shit and shower, youre on the way to the bank then to walmart.. Okay.. I went off topic a little.. lol. But i agree with ya.. Its annoying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)